The Booze Thread (formerly the Manhattan)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by reVOLt, Sep 23, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd probably drink knob creek on the rocks every night if the wife didn't give me dirty looks. other than that I drink wine and beer. i did enjoy shirley temples when i was a kid.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was told alcohol was devil's juice when I was a kid. And I know that look.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just a flat out awesome drink. If you can't find absinthe, just do Ouzo or Pernod Anise. Both are acceptable. I have never used the simple syrup though, sounds promising. Knob Creek Rye is off the chain in this one.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Any bartender that makes it without the bitters should be punched in the [penis].

5. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Once you ascend to my place on the alcoholic pyramid, the only drinks left are gin and scotch

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I like Lucid for Absinthe, Sage at the Aria hotel out in Vegas has a nice absinthe selection as well.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Agree, the Fee's Brothers bitters take it to a whole other level though.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Speaking of Aria, they have a basil berry mojito at the pool bar that is top notch.

9. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Jameson, rocks or Stella, please.

10. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Rangpour and tonic is tasty. Vodka gingerale as well.

11. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Place where we go for vacation has a beach bar and they make blueberry, strawberry and mango mojitos that are perfect drinks for the beach when tired of beer, or "beered out" as happens to me as I age.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree, Knob is solid. Van Winkle Family Resv is one of my favorites. Lately though, it's all WhistlePig.

13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So, WhistlePig is worth the price?

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Nothing beats a good strong island iced tea or three next to the ocean.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Individual tastes vary but me thinks so. Definitely give it go and let me know.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

jack and a cube of ice, guiness @ room temp, an expensive bottle of red that i don't pay for, a quart of fire water from clay/pickett county.

cmiiw, didn't winston churchhill's mother claim to have invented the manhattan?

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't know, but Jenny Jerome was an American.

Dr. Pinckney's Britain, Churchhill, and Two World Wars class paying dividends right there.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Used to drink Guiness until I learned they use isinglass in their brewing process.

19. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

How will that harm me?

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Harm? Shouldn't.