The Clock Starts Ticking Now.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Feb 4, 2015.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

If he's not in Atlanta by '16 or '17 at the latest, then he's going to have some issues moving forward. You can't gain all this talent, and not do something with it.

2. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Clemson can.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why? If they're better, they're better.

Dobbs cannot throw it at all.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've never played QB, but IMO a lot of accuracy issues tend to get resolved when the game slows down, when the QB feels comfortable and in command of the field and offense.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not even in the backyard?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think this was more to do with where the program was when he took over than a fetish with the idea of redshirting Dobbs just to red shirt him. I doubt (at least I would hope) it will not happen from here on out.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

10 wins or gtfo.

Time to shit or get off the pot.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

nah

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This and given the state of the East we should not only compete for but win it in '15. So yeah, we sure as he-- better be heading to ATL in '16 (as well).

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Then we know Baja was the scapegoat

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

There are no guarantees. That said I think Alabama will be our most difficult challenge. Like our chances w/ Mizzou and OU. I think we / we better beat FL and who wins Tenn vs. GA will be East Division champs jmo

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Dobbs can throw it's his development (accuracy and decisions) that have been questioned and why he was RS in the first place

13. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

Truest statement on the interweb

14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

9-3 or 10-2 are realistic expectations for next season. That will be attributed to the play calling (whomever that may be) and how well Dobbs executes. I would not expect any of those losses to come against any teams i have not mentioned.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree. I would add Arky to GA and Mizzou that's going to be a slug fest esp in the trenches

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I would say 8-4 is still a sign of enough improvement that I'm not going to freak out. But 8-4 is the minimum, not the goal. 10-2 is on the table.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

9-3 is goal, as far as I am concerned, 8-4 is disappointing, but signs of improvement.

7-5 and he should be packing his bags.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not sure I'd say 8-4 is a sign of improvement of anything but recruiting.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well I certainly didn't mean to imply it would be a sign of coaching improvement. Butch was always going to have to out-talent people.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree, 8-4 minimum and even so leaves an off taste in my mouth. Which 2-4 teams do you believe we may lose to?