The Country Music Thread, 8th Style...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanbill, Sep 1, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I saw Tim McGraw, Clay Walker, Sammy Kershaw, Charlie Daniels Band... the list goes on. Tim came as a relative unknown in maybe 92 or 93. Sammy puts on a great show.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let us not forget Keith Whitley in our discussion as well. Career cut short due to death, but 3 of my favorite songs of all time in that span too.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

ha. Have a friend that yelled "You killed Keith Whitley!!" at Lorrie Morgan once. Same friend was in Jamaica a couple weeks ago telling a guy at the bar about someone he knew who porked Lorrie. Guy turns around and says, "WHO HASN'T??!!"

4. hallowed_hill

ha...just as you mention whitley.

5. CardinalVol

Not Andy L was it? Sounds up his alley.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some of you have good taste in music

7. CardinalVol

Actually, I need to download some Keith Whitley or go find a CD. Just realized I didn't have it in my collection.

8. hallowed_hill

Nope. We need to get him on here. Haven't talked to him in forever.

9. CardinalVol

I'm sorry, but Something in Red is just a filthy song, and probably the crux of my fandom of Lorrie Morgan.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It was Rick Trevino that had you convinced, huh?

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It was Rick Trevino that had you convinced, huh?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky Headhunters

13. hallowed_hill

I just worked up Sammy's 'Honky Tonk America.' Underappreciated song imo.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha, I hate Lorrie Morgan

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Dumas Walker ftw.

16. hallowed_hill

For good reason. She killed Keith Whitley.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

[video=youtube;JucgIl6hauE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JucgIl6hauE[/video]

some great names mentioned today. I too am a big Tracy Lawrence fan and I don't know that I'd say top ten, but Jo is right that I am a big fan of what little Rick Trevino got to put out. Clay Walker, Sammy Kershaw, Tracy Byrd, Confederate Railroad, Diamond Rio, McBride and the Ride, Collin Raye, Mark Chestnutt, Doug Supernaw, Daryle Singletary, Keith Whitley, David Ball, Doug Stone, Gary Allan, Joe Diffie, Sawyer Brown, John Anderson (Hillbilly Hollywood is a top ten, probably top five all time), John Michael Montgomery, Randy Travis, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, I even like early Kenny Chesney stuff. Above is my favorite Hal Ketchum song. Not one of his biggest hits, but I've always really liked the song. Reba has her moments and I like Alison Krauss, most of Martina McBride's stuff, some Pam Tillis and a little MCC, but not much from the women in the 90s really gets me. Ironically I didn't care for Aaron Tippin in the 90s but I find myself listening now when his stuff comes on the radio.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Always liked this version...

[video=youtube;lD9ozx1-oT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9ozx1-oT0[/video]

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Walk softly...

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Alison Krause, Sheryl Crowe, Tim Stafford & Blue Highway, John Prine, Darrel Scott, Steve Earle, John Hiat, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Lonesome River Band, Trey Hensley.