The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who?

Never heard of him.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

there's some truth in there, though. About half the country does want him just like he is, but perhaps a little less chatty. and we do need to find a common path forward.

ptclaus98 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. Any talk of a mandate would be stupid, same as trying to push any kind of radical legislation through.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Was mainly speaking on the last paragraph but yeah it is true

IP likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What the hell was the reason for that?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why was a cop there?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shit situation here in Nashville

The cop may have been too nice and wound up getting shot

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Shame she lost her life and shame he got shot.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If someone in the car shot first, then all bets are off. It's awful she lost her life, but at that point the game changes considerably.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why did the officer take her bag and start going through it? Had she broken any laws prior to that point?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how we get a full video and presentation for this... I guess that is how you know when police are not directly at fault.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I could be wrong, but I believe the tag registered to an 8 time drug offender

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Which wasn't her, so I'm confused about why he was going through her belongings.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watched, it was suicide by cop. I think one way this gets avoided is if the cop wasn't solo. He did the best he could, but she panicked when it became clear she would be handcuffed and ran back to the car, apparently retrieving a gun. It's a real tragedy, but at least everything is documented and the chain of events are clear.

CardinalVol likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She kept going through the bag and I'm sure you could smell it

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's one of the reasons body cams are good things

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There was a point where she was delaying getting out of the car and looked as if she was trying to hide something. That, along with the fact that the tag was registered to an 8 time drug offender seems to justify a reasonable suspicion.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We will never know, but I do wonder why she freaked out. What was her thought process? Was she just not wanting to get arrested, or was she high and just not thinking clearly at all? Or, did she legitimately fear for her life as a result of all the recent, heavily reported run ins between cops and African Americans?

If the latter, that would make the situation even more sad. But again, I don't think we will ever know.