The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

2. Tenacious D

Memphis is perfect.

3. Tenacious D

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cops across the nation have basically been put in an urban war zone where they are being shot at, stabbed, and assaulted just for being present or trying to prevent innocent businesses its owners and public buildings from being destroyed.
    In which case you no longer have a protest, you have a riot. You cant have both at the same time.

From a lot of the footage I've watched these aren't 2 separate groups as in one is on one corner and the other across the street. In fact in several instances they are standing right beside each other. In which case control and decisions on how to maintain that would be much easier. Of course at that point, those holding signs and trying to get your attention and ear are no longer the focus.

The cops job in the Floyd situation was a lot easier to critique and understand than many positions cops were put in last nite.

3 things from last nite.
    1. You couldnt pay me enough to be a cop. Heck I wouldnt have wanted to be a fireman or first responder last nite either.
    2. Those that may have legitimate concerns and messages for change last nite had their rights and stage hijacked by thugs.
    3. I have purposefully not watched much local or national news the last couple weeks due to the Covid overload. For the first time in weeks I watched an hour of news with no mention.

Volst53 likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

More outrage with a bad situation like this than when good officers are stalked, hunted and killed in cold blooded murder will never make sense to me. How humans think any of it is ok, boggles my mind.

6. Ssmiff

Just saw a video of a white dude attacked in abilene. Straight up racist attack. Then when down his head was smashed. He looks dead. And some out there will cheer today for it.
    People make me [uck fay]ing sick.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They aren’t from out of state, hence the Minnesota addresses.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If there really is some secret group promoting violence in otherwise peaceful protests then the answer is to enforce a curfew. No huge crowds and there’s no cover for these guys to throw bricks. If they attempt anything, they’ll be arrested quickly and their connections to whichever group exposed. People need to be inside when told to do so.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is some weird phenomenon among certain white people where they feel a need to inflate their personal connections to these types of things.
    There was this chick I remember from high school that’s one of those Facebook friends I was never friends with. The day gay marriage was legalized she posted this video of her talking about it and how much it meant to her. Weeping profusely. On and on about how much she’s struggled for this. She’s a regular boring ass straight white female from a fairly affluent family. I mean I felt it should have been legalized, but I wasn’t beat up for being gay or bullied or stared at. Not really my struggle and I didn’t deserve any spotlight for a victory.

It seems like there’s a similar effect here where honkies are overdoing it to seem like they are somehow a bigger part of this. Trying to act a little defiant so they can have that connection of the police being aggressive toward them. Or I threw some shit, nobody is more pissed off about George Floyd than me! Just bizarre. I don’t know if it’s some kind of ego thing, white guilt, or just feeling disappointed they weren’t able to be a part of something huge like the Civil Rights Movement.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Damn those white supremacists

11. Ssmiff

He needs to yell less and workout more

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think it's just the me centric thought process. They have to be connected to this for their feeling of self worth.

And others, others are just shitheads.

JMO IMO

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How in the world would they know that?

15. Ssmiff

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saw some dumbass in ATL brought his kid to a protest and evidently she got tear gas in her eyes.

18. Ssmiff

If i cant call these stupid crackers downtown lighting fires, breaking shit and throwing stuff at cops, "thugs", what am i allowed to call them?
    I need 3 options to choose from

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Can’t speak to this article but they’ve identified multiple antifa leaders from mugshots of this who got arrested

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe there’s more to Antifa than I realize. Can’t say I know much about them beyond twitter videos, but they mainly seem like disaffected college-aged kids that try to act tough and then turn into [ussies pay] when shit gets real.