The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Correct. A baton is a weapon. A nuclear warhead is a weapon.

That's called a "top level" classification. Then there are lower level classifications.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Does Shapiro fawn on Trump?

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

no, the trumpists don't like him

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say he agrees wth him more than he disagrees but he calls him out on stuff too.

Dude is pretty bright overall

7. fl0at_

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Goodness. I'm sure this can't be as we've been assured the WH had nothing to do with clearing out the peaceful protesters. I'll bet Trump gave Barr a stern talking to over this one.

IP likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

eh, #fakenews

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Even the TX senator (forgetting his name) confirmed it was for the photo op at this point.

I will say, I don't think the group pushing the protesters out had gas masks on.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My question was somewhat rhetorical. Ben Shapiro's show is one of a few different politically driven podcasts I try to tune into to keep up with what's going on in the world. The New York Times has one called The Daily that I listen to as well. Shapiro definitely isn't a "Ra Ra Trump" guy, though he does align with him on a lot of topics because he leans right.

I agree that he's pretty bright. I think most people who strongly oppose him probably only know him from random clips they've seen on Facebook or Twitter, and that if they actually sat down and listened to him for a week or two, they'd find his stances to be pretty logical, in most cases.

What I like most about him is:

1. He makes it clear up front that he leans right and that his viewpoints are going to reflect that
    2. He breaks his show up into facts and opinions. He starts by giving you the facts, and then he gives you his opinions, but he makes sure to distinguish between the two. That's a good thing to do, in my opinion.

The alternative is The Daily, whose description always gives me a good laugh. It says "This is what the news should look like," even though what they're doing is obviously slanted and not truly "the news." I'd have more respect for them if they'd just be honest up front about what they're doing.

12. Tenacious D

Do you now retract your earlier statements of being “certain” that Trump ordered this?

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You don’t have to prove anything to Joe Shitposter.

14. Tenacious D

What’s specifically unique about the last four (4) years? Why not the last 40? 400?

15. gcbvol

I said earlier I considered his team the same as him. He's the coach, he's accountable. His AG definitely applies. I stand.

16. Tenacious D

Coolcoolcool.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Shapiro dips his toe into the Twitter troll game a bit too much for my taste. I don't hold it against him, because it's probably what you have to do to make money in the political commentary business.

Regardless, I generally respect his viewpoints and where he's coming from.

Dude who does the daily had the infamous "One word - The South" tweet while the northeast was ravaged by the virus.

18. gcbvol

Just think about it for a sec. If he had no clue this was happening, as you believe, wouldn't he be absolutely livid with Barr? Because let me tell you, friend, the optics of POTUS saying he's an ally to peaceful protesters as peaceful protesters are being forcibly removed with smoke, tear gas and rubber bullets was about as bad as it gets.

19. fl0at_

For the first time ever, we have an unprofessional con man as our leader. A man with zero political bearing. Who is nothing more than a blow hard, who, every day, blows.

As you've so well polled, the sides have already been drawn. The middle ground is gone.

Tenacious D and gcbvol like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't pay attention to Twitter, so I don't really know anything about that.

Yeah, The Daily is... interesting. After looking at the topic for the day, my girlfriend and I love to set an over/under for how far they will get into the episode before they tie whatever they're talking about back into how terrible Trump is. There have been some episodes where I didn't think there was a chance in hell he'd even be thought of, and yet, eventually, he gets mentioned. And it's always his fault lol