The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Already responded. Folks actually there and would know say there was tear gas. There were also rubber bullets. You think I'm going to buy claims from a park police source over my own eyes and accounts of people actually there? Not for a second. Of course they want to minimize/try to excuse what took place.

Unimane likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, THEY may have not deployed it but some other LE entity there did.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Eh, I could see where people would think they were getting tear gassed when it was actually smoke bombs. Smoke may not have an added irritant, but it's irritating to both the eyes and lungs. You see it shot at you and the little smoking canister and everybody is screaming, seems easy to make a false assumption. I'd expect the Marine would know better.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You don't mean...

[​IMG]

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Where did you see accounts of rubber bullets? Link?

Did you stand by your hysterics that Trump ordered it? What do your own eyes tell you about that one?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is a chemical weapon.

NBC (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical) deploy it for the Marine Corps.

It was designed by the US Chemical Warfare Service.

It simply isn't a weapon of mass destruction. But it is a chemical weapon, by every military standard.

7. gcbvol

True and I'm not saying they deployed it, but there were at least 2 other law enforcement groups there. Someone did.

IP likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

And a baton is weapon, same as a nuclear warhead.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they used a nuclear warhead on protesters, you'd argue that it was just an atomic bomb.

10. Tenacious D

LLOL.

No, I wouldn’t, Baghdad Bob.

11. gcbvol

I saw the rubber bullets fired on live tv as it happened. Will try to find footage and link.

Absolutely. He and/or his team (which I apply to him) ordered the protesters moved. Not a question in my mind. There is no way in hell he was going to walk to the church/photo op that close to protesters and all of us know it. That wasn't a spur of the moment decision and was clearly planned out.

12. Tenacious D

You have the same source who told you that they didn’t even know he was coming, GCB, and that their efforts to move protestors stemmed from thrown water bottles and their re-taking an already burned area.

You like one and accept it, but dislike the other and reject it.

Don’t turn silly, here. Hold the line.

13. Tenacious D

How fast? Really fast.

upload_2020-6-2_15-2-33.jpeg

14. Tenacious D

If anyone wants to read up on dysfunction, look up the relationship between DeBlasio and NYPD.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's quite a bit to digest with Cuomo, Deblasio, and NYC. I don't know if a NYC mayor has had a poor of a 6 months in history as Deblasio (could be wrong, I am not a New Yorker or historian). Just constant oopsies. Cuomo is mad because Deblasio isn't fully utilizing the NYPD, or the 10k national guard assigned in reserve. So what Cuomo is saying in the first tweet and what is happening on the 6/2 tweets isn't as far apart as you think, in terms of what he wants to happen.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He doesn't seem to be much of a leader of people. Any people.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

18. gcbvol

The thrown water bottles is a lie per multiple people/media there. If it happened no one saw it. Much more likely LE making shit up to try and excuse the inexcusable.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

By this logic, what does that say about Shapiro and others who don't fawn on Cuomo like Trump?

20. Tenacious D

They like heat and not smoke.