The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably some, who will then be outraged that others were not.

justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Some of them. Mainly folks who are latching on to the trend Card talked about versus the truly empathic.

IP likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Could see that.

Be interesting to see how many are having a moment of "white guilt" and how many really stand there when the flame is not as high.

Somewhat roles back to the idea IP mentioned yesterday about Sharpton and his antics over time which have made him popular while stepping on the same communities to reach that.

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

6. Beechervol

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't know why they would be butt hurt; I can't imagine caring. Atlanta has rainbow crosswalks. Kind of cool if you ask me.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The person who gets the job of just going around writing tickets will be the most hated person in town.

justingroves likes this.
  9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Only the blood of the innocent appeases white liberals.

10. fl0at_

Mike Norvell already tweeted out that he not only had his players design the logo, but they all painted a stroke each, too.

SetVol13, utvol0427, gcbvol and 2 others like this.
  11. Beechervol

So they good?

12. fl0at_

Not so long as there is still innocent with blood. I didn't mean some blood of some innocents, but all, of both.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What is this bullshit of white people
    I've heard that BLM is wanting to start armed community watch groups or armed militia in communities to make sure the police are behaving properly.

I'm not against that and it seems like we're about to be a lot more 2A friendly

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I saw one of those long Facebook dissertations about the military (specifically the Marines), how they are faced with hell on earth, and still didn't commit atrocities on a regular basis. The reason being because there was accountability and that police by and large don't have that.

Now, I'll defer to the Marines on board about this, but it made sense to me, and it was a 10 year army guy that posted it.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wonder if paying cops more and drawing almost exclusively from ex-military with sterling records is an option.

16. CardinalVol

Interesting thread on the abolishing the police concept. Can't say I agree with all of it, but it makes some sense and is thought-provoking.

Edit - forgot the actual thread

17. CardinalVol

Have you seen what some of these cops are making in larger cities? And then throw in their pensions and it's nearing absurd category.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm for everything she just mentioned as ways to reduce crime. It would be expensive. Taxes woudl go up. Still for it.

Do all that and you still need people with badges, fast cars, and guns to arrest people. You just would.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Then those have to be coveted jobs. Vetting on the front end needs to be better. Military is one way to do it.