The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Have to hold them finically accountable for their actions.

Maybe need to end public unions too. They mean well but generally the public suffers and pays for their mistakes.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

461 messages, 24 pages since I was last on here, read them or skip them?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember when Pruitt muttered that he'd never dealt with "this kind of stuff" anywhere he'd been, regarding Banks and the police last year? It wasn't brutality, but it was pretty petty on the police's part.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Story time.

I have only ever personally witnessed something within the category of police brutality once. It was in Knoxville, on Gay Street about 10 or 11 years ago. There was a festival, and people were everywhere. Lots of drinking. Don't remember which, but it was centered on Market Square but spilled out all the way to the Old City in terms of people out and about. A tall, goofy looking dude was walking towards us. I noticed him when a cop behind him yelled "hey you, come here." The guy turned and began running in the opposite direction of the cop, towards us. It was the strangest gait I've ever seen, like he was running under water. Clearly, he was drunk as hell. His run was slower than a jog, as he struggled to get his feet to move in a coordinated fashion. The cop, who was a few inches shorter but probably 20 lbs or more heavier in a muscular way, easily closed the distance in about 5 seconds and body slammed him onto the bricks of the sidewalk with a thunderous force. Knocked the guy out cold, blood coming out, whole nine yards. And then proceeds to yell at the unconscious man, "when I tell you to come here, you COME!" as he rises and stands over him. There were witnesses all around, and several audibly gasped at the smack of the man hitting the bricks. The cop then began directing his attention to the many people standing there gawking, and told everyone to back up and give some space. Maybe a minute after this went down, another officer jogged up, and they were radioing for medical help.

The guy was not black. But what I saw was a ridiculous display of force that did not match the situation at all, resulted in injury, and is a veritable stealth mission of excess force. Who's to say, right? Not the dude who was really drunk and then knocked out cold. And not me, because I was told to back up and go on by a law enforcement officer, and I was raised to always obey cops. You can trust them.

The standard needs to be higher, and only the public as a majority can hold them to it.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Skip it. You've read them all before.

Although the disband the police thing is new. But that is this page.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

US Park Police now say it was a "mistake" to say tear gas was not used in Lafayette Park the other day for the photo op.

This is after it was demonstrated that they were with physical evidence of the spent canisters recovered from the park during the incident.

Peaceful americans were gassed for a photo op.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Since it has become a topic.

NYC, LA, Chicago, Atl .....defunds/abolishes its police force effective today.

1 year from now we look back and see what changes?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unreal about-face. welcome, but late.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Funny all these mistakes that keep coming out when caught.

14. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I guess you and I differ on the term Peaceful. I’m all for 1st Amendment rights but most of what America saw was hardly peaceful.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is the shit that bails Trump out after he mishandles a situation horribly

justingroves likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What actions were not peaceful in this crowd prior to the gas? Give time stamps.

Here's another angle, right up front:

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The day they were forced out of the park was peaceful. There was no violence by those protesters.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Probably the best take I've seen on all of this mess.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. The violence that day was carried out by LE.

20. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Dude we get it. I’ve fully figured out your agenda in here, you can literally post clips and videos of how you’re right and I’m wrong. They were hardly peaceful.