The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Windham Rotunda, also known as Bray Wyatt. Only 36

Rough couple days for the pro wrestling community.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

God damnit.

emainvol likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Bernie Marsden - Original Whitesnake guitarist who wrote or cowrote several hits for band. The most popular ones here in the US were Fool For Your Loving and Here I Go Again.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

warhammer likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He has to be considered tGOAT game show host. Can’t think of anyone that would surpass him in that category off the top of my head.

Loved his “rivalry” with Adam Sandler’s Happy Gilmore character. Really funny and iconic scene that helped make that movie become a timeless comedy classic

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Price is Right was the go to when I was home sick from school when I was young. Thank you Bob, RIP.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Only one I can think of is Richard Dawson, Family Fued. It's a tie IMO.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup, I think everyone across the generations here can relate to watching Bob Barker on sick days. Being home from school sick or staying at my Grandmother’s growing up is what I associated that show with.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Baywatch, Price is Right, with some Saved By The Bell and SportsCenter sprinkled in, is the cornerstone of an amazing childhood summer.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We only had 3 channels growing up so it was Bob, Richard, wrestling, Johnny Carson and carol burnett and As The World Turns

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Gilligan's Island, too.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Just like the contestants on the wheel try to do, he got as close to 100 as possible without going over.

VolDad likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Woulda been more fittingly epic had he clocked out at 100 though. Regardless it is reasonable to presume he is comfortably moving onto the showcase beyond the veil.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Arleen Sorkin - voice actress who partly inspired and voiced the DC character Harley Quinn in Batman the animated series and several other animated DC works. She also appeared on Days of Our Lives.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Governor Sundquist

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mr. Ray of Ray's Place on The Hill.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In my day, it used to run by Richard (I think?) before Mr. Ray took over. Richard was blind.

It was just a coffee/snack shop back then. Many a cup of coffee I got up there before my 7:50 a.m. class, sitting on ground leaning against the building reading the Daily Beacon that we got from Bobby.