The General Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 24, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Doesn’t help that Serena’s iq is about 35.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Except that he didn't. Love that guy.

3. kidbourbon

This is a fairly blatant example of the liberal media witchhunting somebody who isn't liberal. Patrick Mcenroe was saying that he called Serena Williams disgusting. Not true at all. He retweeted a link that she posted and said "disgusting". I have no idea what the link was.

Her trying to paint him as some kind of big is disgusting in my view.

https://deadspin.com/serena-williams-calls-on-tennys-sandgren-to-apologize-1822373452

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think both Williams and Sandgren are idiots. She has been for a while, but he was posting far right stuff from neo-Nazi sympathizer, i.e. divisive, types, then got indignant and called those who criticized him "divisive". Whatever, dude. Just say sorry and it was bad judgment, move on. Otherwise, welcome to the microscope, if you want to challenge for major tournaments.

5. kidbourbon

I wanna see the neo-nazi stuff you're talking about. The actual posts that I saw from the guy were not shocking at all. He asked James Blake whether he thought law enforcement was systematically racist, and disagreed with Blake's opinion that they were. Not shocking. I'm actually with Tennys on that one. And thinking Kaep is an idiot? Not neo-nazi either.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure most of that stuff on Twitter was from several years ago. Hoo boy, college kid does something controversial. Somebody was digging for it, looking to be offended. He said that retweeting stuff doesn't mean he shares or supports their views (and obviously it doesn't, or there are thousands of rabid Trump supports in the Democratic party). I don't see why that shouldn't be enough. Crappy SJW's want him humiliated and aren't willing to accept his explanation.

7. Unimane

You mean, like the one where he said pizzagate was real? Or why they weren't discussing why Hillary was spirit cooking? Or retweeting Nicholas Fuentes? I don't buy the disingenuous explanation, either. Just say I was a little reckless and young, or whatever, and show a little remorse. Or don't, and have the backbone to say you believe in that shit. I hate the cop out of "well, I just found them interesting". Sure thing, bud.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who the hell cares about spirit cooking and pizzagate? Who exactly deserves an apology for that?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How many tweets does this guy have? I reckon it’s in the zillions. Why are there no retweets of this crazy stuff that have a Sandgren message like “ damn straight!” Or “ preach it!” attached?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn' a guy show up with a gun?

11. Unimane

Or, own up to stupid ass conspiracy nonsense. Or, retweeting guys who marched with neo-Nazis in Charlottesville. But, he deleted them, which tells me he thinks they're wrong, on some level. I would have more respect if he just kept them and said "I've said what I said and that's that". Instead, he deletes them and goes into the usual blame media mode, wanting it both ways.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He deleted them because he's probably been advised to by a manager that's trying to get him sponsors.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Serena, to an official: "I swear to God I'll [uck fay]ing take the ball and shove it down your [uck fay]ing throat."

On being asked to apologize for the remark: "An apology from me? How many people yell at linespeople? I see it happening all the time. I don't know how many times I have seen that happen. I am a professional. I'm not the beggar, like, 'Please, please, please, let me have another chance,' because it was the rules and I play by the rules."

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if he had antifa supporting posts, or posted that he was not for free speech and other bullshit, we wouldn't have heard a thing. The "tolerant" never cease to amaze.
    His response was poetic

15. kidbourbon

Yes, show me those.

16. kidbourbon

Probably right.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The most specific article I've seen on the matter directly quoted his first ever few tweets, one of which was about a bug on the tennis court, and all of which were totally innocuous, but didn't quote any of the "controversial" tweets. They evidently exist, but the fact that no one is presenting them makes me wonder if you don't have to squint really hard to see the offense.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fed is decent at this tennis stuff.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The guy who runs Freezing Cold Takes on Twitter dug up a gem from Mike Wilbon, who basically proclaimed that Federer was done after he lost at the US Open...in 2008. Dude is still winning Slams a decade later.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of crazy those guys choose to discuss basically every sport and end up making ridiculous statements about players or teams they know nothing about.