The General Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 24, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

She acted like a petulant child and is being applauded by some because of it. Cut the SJW bullshit and just play the sport you are playing. Enough is enough of this [dadgum]ed crybaby shit all the time from everyone.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with this post 100%.

Guess there’s a first time for everything.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t give the first [uck fay] about anything that comes out of Stephen A’s mouth.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Cool opinion, bro.

If you want to question the validity of his claim, fine, go back and find evidence or lack of evidence to refute it. For me, personally, I’m going to go ahead believe that he wouldn’t just blatantly fabricate past events when given the time and resources to research those events extensively.

But if you want to believe the emotional competitor spewing garbage in the middle of a match she knew she was losing, that’s your prerogative.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Cool opinion, bro.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Serena being so defensive about not getting coaching tells me she was being coached. Her coach even admitted coaching. The rest is PC bullshit

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She's threatened officials with violence in the past. She is an overdramatic baby. This is not the first time she's acted like this. Her sister is a lot classier.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

She also called an official a thief. No matter what the sport, questioning the integrity of the game is going to get you a violation or ejection.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I always wanted to do the Jimmy Dugan to a ref

[​IMG]

NYY likes this.
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I told a guy once he was a zit on the ass of baseball. That got a quick, deserved hook.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This happen at Wimbledon?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

US Open

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh please.

I get it. Serena, and black women in general have been through a lot, have been treated unfairly/differently, etc. etc. etc.

But don't lump me (or others) in with the dude you're calling a racist for the cartoon he drew. You can't just lump anyone who criticizes her actions into the "racist" pool.

She stole one of the biggest moments of a young fellow woman's life. That's not okay. Nothing you can tell me about Serena's situation will ever make that okay. She doesn't get a pass, and it has nothing to do with her gender or skin color.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I like Serena however...

She was getting beat and had no answers.

Her Coach admitted that he was coaching her.

She let her emotions and frustration get the best of her.

She took the joy of winning her first major away from her opponent. That is very selfish of her.

Now she is playing the victim.

kmf600, CitrusCo.Vol and NYY like this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody is saying if you’re critical of her behavior you’re a racist, though if you think that you might be an idiot.

Bruce Jenkins was plenty critical of her, even pointing out she went “way over the top by refusing to get her mind back on the match” and demanding an apology she obviously wasn’t going to get. Does that make him racist, since he was, you know, critical of her? No of course it doesn’t. But you sure seem to get overly defensive about it for no reason. Why is that?

As for the cartoon, it was absolutely racist, and sexist and it’s obvious. Did you share it as it made the social media rounds? If not, then I don’t think you have anything to worry about. But again, why so defensive?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't understand why the cartoon would be sexist.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Right. So I can understand a racist angle. I'm still not seeing how it's sexist.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And honestly, painting her as overly muscular isn't really racist, either. I bet the artist would depict Arnold Schwarzenegger the same way. They both are overly muscular. Now the facial features are exaggerated and I could understand not liking that.