The holy word with IP

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 28, 2013.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe I'm not expressing myself well. I mean that Biblically he has far more human qualities than the Augustinian depiction. He is not this predictable robotic force. He has emotions, the ability to change his mind, etc.

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Wrong hieroglyphs in Egypt and other parts of the world,
    According to the ancient aliens show that the star travelers
    We're in fact labeled as gods! I think whom ever is the
    Higher power is , is gonna try to make me eat gifeltel fish!

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is an interesting philosophy. There can be a case, based on the New Testament, for such a human touch.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

What about those that never hear the gospel? I don't believe they are held accountable for that. I think we as Christians are for not doing our jobs, to present the gospel.

An aside that is unrelated to pretty much anything discussed so far but it popped into my ADD head: those that think you have to "win" souls irk me. That is not the Great Comission. We are to present not coerce. The listener has free will to choose.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am not one of those people, Jay. I believe everyone who is saved is saved by the death of Christ, but not by faith in the death of Christ. I am not that hardcore. The fact is, the Bible doesn't teach that directly. If you read Luke, it's the poor people who are going to heaven. And that's most of the world's population.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If those that don't hear are safe, why do people tell them?

7. JayVols

I share that view of God based off the NT. I can't presume to undrrstand God fully, but if we were made in his image, I tend to think He is not so different from the best qualities of humanity.

That's just me. It's waaay too late for me to get too deep. Gotta go make a buck in the a.m. Later guys.

8. JayVols

Because we were given that task.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like a rather evil thing to do

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I never said that. I think people are more likely to go to heaven with exposure to the gospel than w/o it actually. Because they are more likely to become a good person. And good people (says Romans 2) are the ones that make it in. I don't think that hearing it and rejecting once excludes someone automatically at all.

11. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

The will of God is impossible to understand.

12. JayVols

I didn't mean to imply that about you or anyone in particular. Again, it just popped into my ADD hea.....oh look. A butterfly.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are they really, though? Better people? You can't possibly believe tgat arrogant crap

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just to show I'm not making this stuff up.

15. JayVols

That's your choice. I'm not going to berate you for it. Not my job.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

100%. I wouldn't follow Jesus unless I thought that following made me better. (By better I don't mean worth more or more valuable. Just more loving, more honest, etc.) And of course simply believing in some Bible stories won't make someone better.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anthropology demonstrates that the will of the Hebrew god is not "written on our hearts" or any other organ. Psychology suggests we are born atheist until taught otherwise

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Evet traveled outside Christendom?

19. JayVols

It's not up to me to make those calls. Thankfully. I think both kinda think we should just do the best we can and leave the rest alone.

20. JayVols

We know nothing about anything until we are taught, no?