The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

justingroves likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tell her it’s an investment for the family to protect them from pirates and whatnot

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

As someone who’s in the market for a four wheeler and can afford to pay cash for one it pisses me off what easy credit has done to the ATV market. Absurd what these things cost, even used.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Frogs are like that. Impale them on a gig, cut them in half, doesn't matter.

I have cut their legs off on the gig, pitched them back towards the pond, and gigged them again on the other side of the pond after the front half has swam across and set up on the bank again.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was looking at one for my daughter, used at first, but got a new one. The people selling them used were insane. There's a used 4 wheeler website that would tell me the different values, rough up to like new, most wanted more than like new. I'd show them my phone and say, is this the one you want 8K for? Usually listed for like 5K.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Frogs taste better

7. RockyHill

I honestly think I’m gonna find a real clean like 2000 model Honda and pay $2500. It’ll run fine and do everything I need it to.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a 12 year old Polaris 500. I'm going to have to get a Ranger eventually

9. RockyHill

Well if you’re in the market for a CanAm Commander that is for all purposes brand new (I think like 4 hours) I’m your man.

We managed to get back on the lease I grew up hunting and we hunt on a mountain that you can’t get up on a side by side.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm putting that expense off as long as I can

11. RockyHill

I don’t blame you, things are stupid expensive. My dad is now in the unenviable position of wanting to get rid of s brand new one while not taking a 4K loss.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Both my boys want to hunt and my daughter wants to kill "a bunch of ducks". I'm going to be leasing a field just for us soon

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. RockyHill

What life’s all about man.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

At delta waterfowl event for MSA. Glad I haven't done these in a long time.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Guy at our table did a CWD hunt and laid down a decent buck in full velvet with a muzzle loader.

I didn't know this was a thing, summer CWD weekends?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Certain counties that have a high CWD rate got a 3 day or week long hunt. There was a state wide archery velvet hunt last weekend too

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A guy I know killed a 150+ inch deer in velvet

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My gator trip is postponed due to weather. I'm so tired of hurricanes screwing me over

19. cotton

20. cotton

Drew my first ever tag this year, AZ Coues deer. That's him in the pic through 15x binos.

justingroves likes this.