The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was able to hunt a ton during bow.

Now that everything's starting to get right in the woods, I'm having to bust my ass at work.

Imagine that.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Anybody ever been snipe hunting? Its a tradition to take people who are new up here in Macon Co lol. People are usually pretty pissed of after we get back to the house.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Tomorrow may be the last morning I am able to go with a rifle this year. Several of those "nice bucks" that have passed me over the previous week should probably stay in bed.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm sitting in my treestand now! Watched 3 does this morning about 20' in front for about 20 minutes while they licked the Trophy Rock. Started to shoot the big one but didn't. This afternoon, different story! Walk by, I dare you!

5. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Well guys I finally got him! I killed a 162 inch main frame 8 pt with one little kicker. Somebody tell me how to upload the pic off my computer and you'll have proof.

6. cotton

I killed my buck this evening. Will try to post pics tomorrow.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congrats, that's a hell of a deer. Look for image button ^(right there look up) and upload it from your computer

Congrats to you too.

It's going to be hard for me to sit in a deer stand after killing the amount of ducks we killed today.

8. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

It will only let me upload things froma url, not my computer.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hmm, perhaps you should contact Tenny D, volfreak11. This may be a wrinkle associated with the most recent mod he doesn't intend.

As an alternative, you could create a free photo bucket account and upload it there and then link it.

10. cotton

I'll give it a try. Crappy cell phone pics in bad light, but it is what I've got:

11deer1.jpg

11. cotton

another

11deer4.jpg

12. cotton

one more

11deer3.jpg

13. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

[​IMG]

Maybe this will work.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  14. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Ok that didn't work. I made a photobucket and copied the url at the top and pasted it in. Why didn't that work?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know.

Click the insert image button. Look at the bottom right side. It says "Basic Uploader". Click it then it should let you upload it from your computer.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

fixed it. You wrote "[image][/image]", should be ""

That is a fine specimen of a deer, sir.

17. cotton

That's a hoss. Good work.

18. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Thanks guys! I'm proud of him. He's going to the taxidermist tuesday or wednesday and I'm going to get him to net him for me. I figure he'll net somewhere around 156-158, me and my buddies grossed him at 162. I'm ready for next season, hopefully I can get one close to that size with a bow.

19. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Once he gets back from the taxidermist I think I'm going to get a Boone and Crockett guy to officially score him. If he nets 160 then they will award him Boone and Crockett but won't recognize him. I don't know if he will net 160 though.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a damn good deer regardless.

Did you get him in Tennessee or Kentucky?

You have to bullshit us on how you got him.