The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I actually played with Pippen, the Grant Brothers and Clarence Weatherspoon in early/mid 90s in Memphia when they would come see Sexton. It was pretty cool. Pippen refusing to go in was Bush league. I dont blame arrogant Phil for putting Pippen in his place

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The league issuing their review of the last two minutes saying they should've gotten Giannis for a free throw violation is horseshit. If they are going to start this consternation over an extra second or two on the free throw line, then they should bother to call the ubiquitous lane violations they never call, either. And, why are they busting Giannis on this? Because opposing fans and teams are counting down? Suddenly it's an issue? Piss off.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    IP likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nick Wright at Fox has been railing on the reviews recently. He hates the idea of these frame by frame reviews, where the defender hits the ball, but then it goes off the fingertip of the offensive player right at the last second. Because that probably happens frequently throughout the game, and it’s always out on the defender. Except in the last 2 minutes.

If you gotta save time on the free throws, then cut the reviews down too.

4. Unimane

I just think there are places to use some discretion, as you say. Determining whether or not a guy has his toe on the line is an exact thing, but a dude taking 11 seconds on a free throw? Eh, c'mon. If you start going after things to the T, then the games take forever and are foul fests on every play.

5. Unimane

I think the Hawks were content to steal game one and the Bucks were a bit pissed. Games 3 and 4 will be very interesting. Trae Young will shoot Atlanta in or out of a game.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If the Bucks can’t win this series, they need to blow it up and start it over.

7. Unimane

That was simply a must win for the Bucks. We are still behind the 8 ball until we win in Atlanta. The Hawks won't fumble the ball away on every possession in the upcoming games. I don't see this as an easy deal for Milwaukee in the least.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Never gets old.

CardinalVol, Unimane and utvol0427 like this.
  9. Unimane

My goodness, Middleton.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wait, an NBA playoff game ended 84-80?

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

A combined 9-51 from 3.

58-169 total. Suns shot 18-21 from FT, Clippers 21-32.

It was pretty brutal to watch.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know it will allow him to focus specifically on his shooting and free throws, in particular, but something about Ben Simmons skipping a summer of high level, competitive basketball in order to "develop" his basketball skills is funny to me.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I keep hearing the stat line that PG13 has played "130 more minutes in the playoffs than the person with the next most minutes."

It sounds like a big deal, but it's really not. The Clippers have played 18 playoff games this season. Atlanta and the Suns have played 15, and the Bucks have played 14. As the best uninjured player on his team, he's playing a pretty standard 40-41 mpg. That's a 120-123 minute difference right there, just by playing more total games.

Add in the fact that Kawhi has missed multiple games at this point, and all PG13 has to do to beat out the rest of his teammates by 130 minutes is average 7 mpg more than them, which is, again, pretty standard.

But yay stats, I guess.

14. Unimane

I can't think of anything more predictable than to come out here with Young not in the game and have zero killer instinct.

Inside advantage and we just keep bricking three after three after three. Dumbest [uck fay]ing team in the league.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  15. Unimane

What a [uck fay]ing pathetic half for Milwaukee. They acted like they already won the series.

16. Unimane

No...just, no.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Dude that sucks

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah that sucks

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, on the bright side, if every team’s best player is injured, I guess it’s kinda fair?

What a shitty postseason.

20. Unimane

Rolled ankles are different deals than blown knees, though.

Keep in mind the Bucks are already down DiVincenzo, which is not devastating in and of itself. But, he's an underrated perimeter defender and, now down two starters, you're getting into guys playing who aren't regulars or any good. It won't matter, as Giannis makes this team go and is more important to his team than any one player for their team in the league. If he's out, the Bucks lose in 6, guaranteed.