The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Nope.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Compare the contributions, at least statistically, of LeBron's teammates in Miami during finals games to the contributions of MJ's.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is anyone here arguing that LeBron is for sure the best player ever? I don't think anyone is arguing that point.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bull. That shooting change over that long wasn't because Kyrie Irving played d or that stupid crap about wearing down. It was basically offensive tackle style holding.

6. RockyHill

Was that a big factor? Absolutely. It certainly was not the whole difference though.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

His team won the game. And the series. And the championship.

He was the leading scorer. What's your point?

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. It stopped the screening and stopped guys from getting to spots to shoot. It wasn't defense. It was absurd looking. I thought we'd see basketball and it turned into yesteryear slop.

9. RockyHill

So you'd say Bogut being out, Iguodala being dinged up, Green missing a game, Lebron going into super human mode and a whole host of other things were all non factors?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It was a coin flip final. The low scoring slop was about it turning to wrestling.

11. RockyHill

So you will or won't say all of those things I mentioned were non-factors.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh please tell me you think leborn's Miami teams had a worse supporting cast to Jordan's bulls.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm a laker fan and kobe doesn't even rank in the top 3 lakers to me, let alone in Jordan's league.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He did score like 10 fourth quarter points in that game and I'm also pretty sure that they were down big at one point in the 3rd.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he had some great games, but is anyone seriously saying he's in Jordan's league? he's one of the all time greats, but he's still not close to the greatest. I think pretty much everyone agrees to that.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Like Ray Allen sending it to OT against the Spurs in game 6?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If anyone is saying he's better than or equal to Jordan, then yes, they are.

18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Because you keep saying things like, "In a must-win game, I'm 100% sure Jordan would come up huge and he would win. LeBron, not so much." My point is that Jordan on LeBron's 2007 team would have faced several must-win games and wouldn't have won a damn thing. Your differentiation between the two was based on a blanket statement that is easily disputed.

19. NashVol11

I knew what game that would be before I even clicked the link, haha. Kobe has no place in this discussion anyway IMO, but he has a lot of fans that overrate him because he had huge numbers on a bad team

20. NashVol11

Kyrie certainly played more D than he'd been playing before