The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5 rings man. what were all those bad teams exactly?

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I assume his point was that the "assassin, stone-cold killer, killer instinct, super-clutch" Kobe shot 25% in the biggest game of his career.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Kobe's fanbase tripled when he averaged 35 a game on an 8 seeded team. Take away that season and I'm not sure he'd even be considered better than Shaq

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well he wasn't better than shaq. . . he was still plenty good though.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

One third of his team's points in the 4th quarter. I looked it up and they were down 13 in the third.

So it's not a very good point. Because he led the comeback. And the won the game. And the series. And the championship.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jordan always delivered in the big game, while James hasn't always, that's not disputable. I don't ever remember Jordan having a weak game in the NBA Finals or being invisible during a 4th quarter of a playoff game, as has James. Jordan, aside from losing to the Magic in the playoffs after being out for baseball (Which still had a great team in Shaq, Hardaway and Anderson with a game Horace Grant.), only lost to the Pistons and Celtics dynasties in the playoffs. In essence, he only lost to teams with greatness and historical relevance in his career. If you don't think that he would have been able to do what James did with his 2007 team, then I'm not sure you watched him play in his heyday.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And I'm not comparing Kobe to Jordan by any stretch of the imagination.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And I'm not comparing Kobe to Jordan by any stretch of the imagination.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How often did Jordan deliver when the Celtics and Pistons were knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs? I love the narrative. The only big games Jordan played in were the ones he won and the only big games LeBron has played in are the ones he loses.

10. hatvol96

The Bulls got blistered by both Seattle and Utah in Finals games. Jordan did jack shit in those.

11. hatvol96

Yeah, Jordan is the passer and rebounder LeBron is. Oh, wait. He [dadgum] wasn't. To hell with that piece of human feces.

12. hatvol96

That's like acting as if Dwyane Wade was a big part of the 2013 Game 7. Kobe was shit in that game. If he hadn't sucked, they'd have never been down 13.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think everybody knows, or should, that LeBron's a better human being than Jordan.

14. Unimane

Jordan was a better offensive player and a better defender, plus a greater winner, point blank. Your personal opinion of Jordan clouds the discussion. I don't care.

15. hatvol96

LeBron's book is not completed yet. The guy who got his father murdered and populated every Southern League town with bastard children won't get more than six.

16. hatvol96

How many Finals did Jordan save with chase down blocks? 0. LeBron? 2.

17. Unimane

Like the 63 against the Celtics or scoring 31 in Game 7 against the Pistons while Pippen had a "headache"? Like I said, those two teams were better than anything James played.

18. hatvol96

How many games did they win against the Celtics in that series? What did LeBron do in the final three games against the team that shit on the oh so sacred '96 Bulls' record?

19. Unimane

Wait, we're going to compare game saving plays in the Finals? I'm not sure that will work out in favor of James. How about number of times lost in Game 6 or 7? 0 James? 2.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not sure about that. Let's ask Mike's dad...