The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, people are suggesting that this move
    may push the Raptors to make an aggressive move as well.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seems like Gasol and Conley are on the way out. And yet Parsons still has a [uck fay]ing locker.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gasol to the Raptors. The East is getting a lot more interesting.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LaVar Ball went on every FS1 radio/TV show yesterday talking about how Lonzo has no relationship with Luke Walton and they need to fire him. He also pointed to how Lonzo makes everybody on the team look better than they are, citing how bad they've looked since his injury.

Then the Lakers beat the Celtics last night with Rondo (Ball's replacement) posting a 17, 7, and 10 night and hitting the game winning shot. The whole situation gave me a good laugh.

But I do think it's interesting that LaVar is speaking up again. He had been pretty much silent since LeBron joined the team, and his main message yesterday was pretty clearly "Fire Luke Walton." Can't help but wonder if LeBron is letting him off his chain to help push the coach out.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

JRich with 37 points tonight in a 2 point loss to the Warriors. I still think Durant double dribbled on the last play for Golden State. Miami, clearly, was running their last play for JRich, but he slipped and fell.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The MJ/LeBron debate has always been a mix of selective memory and revisionist history. People only remember the positive points of MJ's career while creating false narratives of LeBron "not being clutch" or "not wanting to take the final shot." Here's a perfect example this morning:

**I can't get the video link above to work. It's Rob Parker on undisputed this morning. Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Here's the play he's talking about:

In the first video, Rob Parker repeatedly states that it wasn't an open layup... if it was an open layup, he would have made it. He even says that George Hill got "blocked or fouled." HE DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED. He is using a single possession of a single game as evidence of LeBron "not wanting to take the last shot," and he doesn't even remember how the possession actually unfolded.

As anyone who isn't trying to rewrite history can see, with 6 seconds remaining, LeBron found himself guarded by Curry at the center of the 3-point line, with what looks like Durant and Draymond standing on each corner of the top of the key, waiting to double him if he drives. By the way Rob Parker describes the moment, you would think LeBron had Curry one on one in the paint with everyone else on the other side of the floor.

LeBron makes the absolute, 100% right play, and throws the ball to a cutting George Hill who will be WIDE ASS OPEN for a game winning layup, but Klay Thompson wrangles him to the ground before the ball can get there.

And none of this even brings into account the missed free throw, and potentially the worst snafu in NBA history by JR Smith.

I used to hate LeBron. I remember sitting on the couch with one of my friends (a Miami fan) watching the Heat/Mavs series, rooting for the Mavs like I had been a fan my whole life, just because I wanted to see LeBron lose.

It's a mixture of LeBron's overall greatness and shit like this video that has turned me into such a big LeBron fan. The man went for 51-8-8 that night, against one of the greatest teams of all time, and somehow, Rob Parker uses a completely mis-remembered moment of the game where LeBron did every single thing right, and two of his teammates screwed the pooch, to state that LeBron isn't as good as MJ/Kobe. It's an absolute joke.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I’ll add that it remains absolutely ridiculous that Kobe is even mentioned in discussions with LeBron and MJ. He’s not even the best Laker.

Ssmiff likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw the NBA all star celebrity game on at a bar. The away team is currently playing with two women, a guy who looks like a woman, a midget, and Ray Allen. I couldn’t help but laugh.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How did IP, Tenacious D, NYY, and a midget get on a team with Ray Allen?

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Rob Parker is a moron.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Breaking news: LeBron says he’s going to actually start playing hard.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bravo Grizzlies, bravo.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

MJ>LeBron and always will be for various reasons...titles, skill, post play, competitiveness, effort, hustle, defense, help D, midrange shot, free throws, leadership, body language, toughness and on.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kobe is like a Mike Leach qb to me.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Seems like a weird comparison.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Volume passer compared to a volume shooter

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Always really believed Kobe wouldnt have scored 80 on me. At 70 I woulda had enough

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean as a casual point I get it but the stats wouldn’t really support the point I don’t think unless we wanted to say the same comparison applied to almost any elite scores of the last thirty years.