The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Are they going to end up moving forward with the restart, and who wins it all if they do? Does the championship come with a big asterisk, or is this champion looked back at as all time great because of all the adversity they will have overcome?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, I figured that the Lakers were guaranteed to win this, but with Dwight Howard wavering, I'm not sure how they can be expected to compete.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know you’re joking, but he’s averaging a solid 7 and 7 this season, and him playing the 5 keeps AD, or worse, JaVale McGee, from having to play it. His defensive presence was obviously also a huge help.

5. CardinalVol

Not sure how Wojo thought he could reply to an email from a senator saying F-you and not expect it to hit twitter quickly.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only way this should conclude is NBA indeed explicitly allows players complete freedom to express views, including on China.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  7. CardinalVol

Yup.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a [uck fay]ing idiot.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29453255/lakers-anthony-davis-opts-keep-name-jersey-nba-restart

I guess “Free Hong Kong” wasn’t important enough to make the cut.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Dropped $7 on NBATV for a month to be able to watch these scrimmages. Getting pretty desperate.

13. CardinalVol

Is NO really going to limit Zion's minutes this much throughout?

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

As a Grizz fan, I don't hate it.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They don’t give a shit if they keep cashing pay checks off of them.

just like Hollywood.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's getting harder and harder for me to stomach the NBA, and once LeBron retires, I might be done keeping up with it altogether. They're just a bunch of hypocrites and phonies. We have all this social justice stuff going on based on events in the US, meanwhile, they're just going to pretend everything with China doesn't exist. You can't stand up to one and ignore the other.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Reading the article, it says they shut it down after repeatedly telling the officials to stop their activities and word didn't reach the higher levels of the NBA offices, including Silver. I have serious issues with China and their policies, but the "What about China?" stuff and critiques of the players looks more like an attempt to discredit or ignore the social justice efforts of those players.

Am I surprised a league full of black players from urban areas will have great interest in BLM and not remote provinces of China? Not particularly.

20. CardinalVol

I get why BLM is a big deal with NBA players. My only problem is players, owners, everyone saying "not my place" when asked about China despite the fact the league is doing all they can to get in over there.

The league (not players) looks like crap when they do.

justingroves and IP like this.