The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Lakers can’t shoot.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dear lord, this game is almost unwatchable. So. Many. Foul. Calls.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With 5:56 to go in the 2nd quarter, the Blazers have scored 10 points (In the quarter), and all 10 have been from free throws.

There’s already been 27 fouls called, with essentially 6 minutes to go in the half. The average NBA game has 44 fouls. Between that, the Lakers’ abysmal shooting, and now a broken backboard (what the [uck fay]?), I don’t know how people can stand to watch.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Story of LeBron’s career. Dominant box score, poor free throw shooting, no supporting cast. Even Anthony Davis, despite his 28 points, shot 33% from the field and went 0-5 from 3.

The formula for winning with LeBron is so obvious. Surround him with players who can defend and knock down open 3’s. How on earth can he be in year 17 and on a team that shoots 16% from 3 in a playoff game? It’s gotta be maddening.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

6. InVolNerable

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The officer makes over 226,000 dollars a year, not counting benefits, base salary (so not including his work as security here which he gets because of his police position). He has collected worker's compensation from the county for the past year because he has claimed to be unable to work from injuries sustained in the above incident.

He's a criminal. He is committing fraud.

8. InVolNerable

He's made ~$140k in worker's comp this past year. That's insane; wouldn't you think the city would ask to see these tapes to verify the worker's comp claims?

IP likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What physician evaluated him and found him unfit to work, would be another question I would have. And what was the diagnosis, prognosis for recovery, etc? That county/city needs to take a hard look at this case. He couldn't even man a desk or phone?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd wager there are police officers who have taken a bullet and come back quicker than this guy did from a shoving match that he started.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

God bless public unions and [uck fay]ing the tax payer.

justingroves likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't overlook the individual responsibilities. That door swings two ways. This guy, and whoever didn't perform due diligence on the medical claims.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

man I support cops. But a cop making 200k+ off taxpayers is crazy as hell.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At least he didn't shoot the guy.

#progress

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This Mavs offense is so much fun to watch.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Luka with 70 points in his first 2 playoffs games. Breaks the NBA record of 69, previously held by Kareem.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bucks look... fine...

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anthony Davis with 21, 8, and 2 in the first half. Such a stark contrast from what he did last game.

Lakers can win the whole thing if they find their stroke from deep. They're shooting 30% from 3 and are still up 17.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You off the ledge yet, Uni?

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Game 2 wasn't actually good for them, despite the score. But this is the first time, here in Game 3, they've looked like the Bucks of old. It helps the Magic have run out of players. I'm still not sold they stand a great shot at beating Miami, though.