The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What are these weak ass fouls?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

AD just getting absolutely mugged under the basket.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic just destroyed Schroder from behind with no call. The man gets away with so much nonsense.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic pushing Schroder with both hands under the basket. Foul on the Lakers!

lol

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hadn't watched much NBA, but it sure looks like Jokic gets to play by another set of rules.

gcbvol likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How on earth is he shooting free throws right now? Even with the challenge.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

MVPs get that treatment.

gcbvol likes this.
  8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. It's not right, but it's the way.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hats off to the Nuggets. They’ve just shot the hell out of the ball this series. Tons of contested makes. They’ve just been the better team.

Jokic gets away with murder though. Pretty sure he’s just so clumsy that they think everything he does is just him falling all over himself. I watched him foul 4 different times in the 4th. They called a foul on the Lakers for 3 of them, and the Nuggets got an open 3 point make on the 4th. It was bizarre.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All the superstars get them.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The Lakers got a great whistle the first three quarters. Officiating had nothing to do with the outcome. The better team won.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’d think the calls would go the Lakers’ way at home with the series at risk of dying a quick death. And lord knows the NBA doesn’t want the Nuggets in the finals lol

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I do think his ridiculously clumsy style contributes to the calls. When I watch him play I'm fascinated by his production. He's just special.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic in game one. Murray in the fourth quarter of game two, and Murray in the first half tonight. They’ve had an elite performance in all three games, and the Lakers just haven’t been able to overcome it.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It is a bit surprising though considering he’s a pretty well known dirty player. Some of those calls tonight were just head scratchers. Like Bostonvol said, not the difference in the game, but odd nonetheless.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I typed up a big long post on here early in Lakers/Warriors about how I didn’t think either team was as good as people were thinking. Ended up deleting it because I figured no one would read it anyway.

Lakers have some decisions to make in the off-season. Idk if DLo is the guy, but you also need his offensive production in the regular season. They’re gonna have to pay Reaves. Lonnie Walker is almost certainly gone. Will be interesting to see what they do.

And it also makes you wonder what the Warriors have to be thinking right now. One year off a title run, but they were hardly competitive against a team on the brink of getting swept.

Should be a fun offseason.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well this is just a flat out embarrassment

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a weird conference finals. On both sides.

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Jayson Tatum has 0 dawg in him

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We okay with Mazzulla getting canned yet or nah?