The New Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Entertaining fight. Bradley has a lot of heart but Pacquiao is just on a different level.

2. Holy shit the judges gave it to Bradley. I'm shocked.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wtf, that is utter bullshit

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

boxing just finished killing itself off. Pac won at least 9 rounds, probably 10. Utter garbage.

5. Decent fight tonight. Julio Ceaser Chavez Jr. v. Andy Lee. This is JCCJr's first big time fight.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hope Jr. loses. I have never liked Chavez and family since Senior stole two fights, Pernell Whitaker and Meldrick Taylor.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't recovered from the Pac robbing. I think I'm just going to stick to MMA.

8. JCC Jr. has a hell of a chin on him.

9. JCC Jr. wins via TKO in the 7th. Dominant performance. Can't wait to see him take on Martinez.

10. If you have showtime I highly recommend tuning into the Victor Ortiz-Jesesito Lopez fight. They are slugging it out right now. 4th round.

11. Victor Ortiz is a dirty POS.

12. Unimane

Thanks for posting. Caught the last two rounds and Ortiz quitting. Doesn't say much for Mayweather's win last year.

13. It doesn't but Lopez was impressive. Lopez supposedly broke his jaw.

14. That supposedly broken jaw may have been a blessing in disguise for Ortiz. Canelo Alvarez would have absolutely murdered him on Sept. 15 if he would have won.

15. Unimane

True. Bob Arum is pissed, though, because he can't make another fight people don't really want. Chavez, Jr. and Martinez should be the obvious next big fight.

I don't really think Alvarez has faced a really good fighter yet. Maybe if he could've transported himself back into 2001 and fought Sugar Shane then instead of when he did. He needs to fight a big time fighter.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  16. I agree that he hasn't faced a big time guy yet but he has been impressive in every fight I have seen him in. Hopefully they can set up something fairly quick. I would personally like to see Alvarez face off with Erislandy Lara if he wins his fight next week which I imagine he will.

Martinez v JCC Jr is going to be interesting. Perfect example of skill against size.

17. Unimane

Anyone watch the Adrien Broner fight tonight? The kid is talented, but what a punk. He deliberately came in over weight, twice, and was posting pictures of Twinkies and candy on his Twitter the last week or so. His whole schtick is annoying, too. He's trying to pull off the Mayweather persona, but it's just obnoxious. Mayweather pulls off the acting like a heel so well and respects the sport.

18. Didn't watch because I can't stand Broner. His talent is undeniable but he quite possibly the biggest piece of shit in boxing and that is saying something.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

This was really well done:

[video=youtube;G3dquMQKyms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3dquMQKyms&feature=player_embedded[/video]

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Where does Pacquiao go from here?