The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My main point is that QBs that suck will also suck against inferior opponents. Worley has at least taken pretty good care of the ball these first two games. Given the terrible OL and OC, he's done okay. I'm not proclaiming him to be anything more than an average QB, I just don't think he's as terrible as perceived by some. That is all. Not worth arguing over really because nothing will change this year. Hopefully butch cans bajak and we get a freshman sensation at QB next year.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was fourth string (including Ferguson) until just recently. And the word was that none of the backups ever really challenged Worley.

3. BigOrangeBeech

Yep. Only way he gets in is if there's an injury which with this OL is possible.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I was just fixin to type that.

5. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The Peterman love can't be serious. He had the worst possible outing against Florida and he can't beat Worley in a QB battle that lasted until the open practice. Dude sucks.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Atta boy!

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He can't hit a receiver in stride.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I got much more of a "he came on too late" vibe. But after the awful first week of practice for everyone, I felt like I heard more positive about Peterman than anyone.

9. Beechervol

Which is scary part for the future.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Who said its Peterman "love". I said he can throw the ball 20 yards without risking his arm flying out of socket. Hardly a ringing endorsement. And again, I am not holding the Florida game against him, he was doomed before the game even started and then he lost a thumb and was inexplicably left out there.

11. BigOrangeBeech

I will say it sucks that Dobbs couldn't win the job. He at least has the arm strength

12. JayVols

I'll give you the results haven't been atrocious in the passing game, but it has almost nothing to do with Worley and everything to do with our receivers. Wait and see what happens when we face a secondary as or more athletic than our WRs. They'll press the shit out of us takinging the dink & dunk stuff away. Then it gets really ugly.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He throw every pass 2 yds too high for some reason.

14. BigOrangeBeech

At least USCe still looks terrible.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm just hoping that the D plays out of its mind for the next three games. Avoid getting killed twice, and give us a chance against Florida

16. BigOrangeBeech

Not disagreeing with you there.

Not being able to run the ball isn't going to help either.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How does Spurrier have a QB that's that bad?

18. JayVols

Exactly.

The large majority of the passing yards have come from YAC yards off passes less than 10 yards in the air. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 5 yards in the air.

Press coverage with equal/better athletes will stop that.

19. Beechervol

All true. If we cant run the football it aint gonna matter tho. We havent run blocked or schemed against USU and ASU. That wont get fixed this week or this year.

20. BigOrangeBeech

Its really mind boggling for sure. Missing Shaw in a big way