The Other Shoe Dropping?: Sanders (should be) Suing DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, the funny thing is that you tacitly admitted your own hypocrisy when you tried to claim equivalency between Obama letting something expire and Reagan actively signing a bill that largely cancelled out his previous tax cut. THAT's funny.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't set the metric. I was referring to CNN's article which discusses tax revenue relative to GDP. It was slightly higher than the 40 year average. But the deficit was higher. YAY, "fiscal conservatism." I'm sure all that defense spending in no way helped the economy. Because government is antithetical to any growth, right?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

did you actually read the articles you posted? he cancelled FUTURE tax cuts. meaning if the current rate was X in the future it was going to be X-Y. instead it stayed at X. that's not a tax increase buddy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/increase

though I enjoy you attempting to move the goalposts and change the argument.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said "future tax cuts" in posts you have quoted and responded to. That was what I said. You've been arguing this whole time without reading what I said? And now accuse me of changing the argument?

There's no point in discussing things like this with you because you don't read.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jesus Christ. for the second time. that ridiculous article used average meaning that Reagan was credited with carters tax structure. Tax revenues relative to GDP dropped from 19.5% to 18% during Reagan's presidency. and rose from 18 to 19.5 during carters. and for the 50th time the vast majority of the increase in spending happened AFTER the economy recovered.

[​IMG]

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

I don't know about all these graphs, but here's a graph I like about the Reagan era.

This is a graph of the Berlin Wall, after is was torn down.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at the date of my post saying future taxes. Think about that.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you've said over and over that taxes increased during his presidency. greatest increase in American history remember? now you are telling me that's not what you are arguing? my god

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you have a graph of Bin Laden getting dumped from a carrier?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The increase in deficit spending happened after the economy recovered. So what?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

?????

don't even remember your actual arguments now?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The increase in deficit spending happened after the economy recovered. So what? Are you saying their forecasts for growth were woefully inaccurate, or they just didn't care about deficit spending?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not gonna acknowledge you didn't read my posts, huh?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should have said tax revenue.

You still haven't addressed about 3 or 4 things now where you've said untrue things.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what? no. i'm saying you giving credit to increased govt spending as the reason the economy dramatically recovered holds no water.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jesus. I've been telling you for years how his tax cuts increased tax revenue.

like what? or do you mean things you think are untrue because you don't understand this stuff.

17. MWR

MWR Contributor

Probably still classified.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't read my posts. I'm just going to stop wasting time.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

thank god.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All this, and Bernie's still suing the DNC.