The Section 102 Postgame Autopsy.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 20, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The lack of intensity and urgency was disappointing. It was not, however unexpected.
    2. It was nice to see a team that can really pass the ball play in Thompson-Boling. There's a lesson there for UT.
    3. His teammmates' lack of communication almost got Josh Richardson knocked out twice. That's inexcusable and unforgivable.
    4. Mercer brings pretty much everyone back next year. They will bury the rest of the A-Sun.
    5. Jordan McRae with a no show performance in almost every facet of the game. Given he carried this group most of the year, he gets one.
    6. Renaldo Woolridge is in town. Anyone who thinks there's not cause and effect between that fact and UT's zombielike performance doesn't know this group's dynamic.
    7. Trae Golden stuck up a bunch of late points for some pretty numbers. His performance, in reality, was garbage.
    8. The Mercer students, band, mascot, and fans kept the atmosphere from being funereal. They were pretty much the only entertainment in the building.
    9. Bob Hoffman has been at it forever. Good to see him having some success.
    10. Cuonzo Martin is officially on notice. His third year will be win or find other employment

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Cuonzo tonight = Dooley's Lexington.

I don't understand the Woolridge thing, but trust that you left it purposefully cryptic.

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

No. Not really

4. Maybe not quite that bad. At least Mercer was a somewhat quality opponent with a full compliment of players. That UK team didn't even have a QB on its roster. I can't think of a single other coach in my lifetime that lost to a team with no QB.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not if the guy who averaged 7.9 a game at Mercer goes pro early, like Bob Knight suggested more than once.

(though I have no idea about Mercer, maybe he is a prospect)

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hat....

I saw Tony respond on twitter to an account that has your name, or should I say has a version of your name....I suppose that is a parody account?

7. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I'll assume that's sarcasm

8. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Perhaps more accurately:

Cuonzo tonight= Dooley's 2nd O&W game

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's a safe supposition. I'll join Twitter right about when Hell freezes over.

10. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

someone explain to me how this isn't the Buzz Peterson Experience 2.0?

11. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I'm not going to put any stock in this game one way or the other, but it would have been nice to see them come out with some pride, especially when playing at home. I definitely agree that next year CCM can't lay an egg.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like Martin as a person, but this is unsatisfactory. Next year better get it going

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Apossibly everyone got high/intoxicated the night before the game?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Buzz Peterson never recruited top ten recruits or won 19 and 20 games at UT? You can like Cuonzo or hate him, but he is a much better coach than Buzz Peterson.

15. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

Why bother accepting the invite to play if neither Coach Martin nor the team had any motivation to play?

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

No, not close. That was a conference game with a bowl bid on the line. This is the NIT.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So far it's been eerily similar to Buzzball as much as it pains me to admit it.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cuonzo hasn't managed to lose 300 different ways in the last 30 seconds of the game yet.

Like JZ said a while back, he needs to get an offensive minded assistant on staff. That would help wonders.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe you have to say at the beginning of the season if you'll accept the bid.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

you would think as many points as those guys collectively scored there'd be an offensive mind among them.