The Section 102 Postgame Autopsy.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 20, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You would think that.

Maybe Rick Byrd will retire from being a head coach and will come here to be an assistant and CCM will just let him run the offense.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who ya gonna git, though?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not seeing it.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

not completely terrible, not great, a bubble snub or 2, very Buzzball.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seriously, though. Who would we want Dave Hart to hire? (I'm laughing at Dave Hart making a big name hire, but anyways) Shaka?

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

7. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

No PG, no shooters, no defensive intensity, running a 4 guard rotation with a short center with limited offensive skills, etc. - this is not bad? Why, because they won 20 games against crappy competition. The SEC stinks this year. Other that Wichita State their only quality wins were Florida and Mizzou. If Florida was not short handed I doubt they would have won that one. I see a coach that has no Plan B ready before half time. I see a team that is not committed to D despite all the rhetoric.

If he lands a quality PG to go with Hubbs, he may recover from this. If everybody is back and Maymon is effective, they will be better regardless. But this is not going the way it should. There is no way you don't already have a quality PG on that roster by now if you are doing your job right. They have the recruiting budget, great facilities, quality school, great fan support.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

this is definitely true

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I agree, but the previous guy was on the job six years and never found one.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

also true. did he even look for one?

11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

True. Who was the last one - CJ?

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I mean Ramar was pretty good - just had the loads of baggage. He wasn't elite but we didn't get to see enough of him. He could make the tough and impossible layups like Releford does for Bama and not slow like Trae.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Ramar was pretty good his freshman year.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He wasn't a good PG. he could get to the hole and...well, he could get to the hole.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That's better than what we have. Trae doesn't do anything crazy. He's just a better shooting and can occasionally get to the hole. Ramar was getting a lot better at driving and dishing and also had a lot better vision/passing than Trae on the fast break. We could actually execute one without nearly screwing it up every time. Same with the alley oop - Trae can't throw a proper one to save his life.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

But the biggest difference would be his defense - pretty much every PG we've played Trae can't stay in front of.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

we get fast breaks?

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yet, Trae Golden's assist numbers are better than Ramar's. Also, **** the [dadgum] alley oop. If I want worthless circus trash, I'll buy a Globetrotter ticket.

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Interesting you make the Globetrotter reference. My dad and I were in Bridgestone Arena witnessing the Tennessee/Middle Tennessee game.
    We both said warm ups look like the f----- Globetrotters and BP was the Barnum & Bailey ringmaster.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly, who gives a shit if Trae Golden can throw a proper alley oop? Trae is, at his best, significantly better than what Ramar Smith gave us.