The Trump Effect

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 11, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It isn't fair to say they despise him. Not in the least. The 63 MM number is a silly red herring. Half of those voting and a geographically gigantic proportion of the US support the policies. The urban centers don't.

Presumably you understand that all of the ridiculous machinations you're going through to minimize the number is a fools gsme. That raw vote number would be a respectable proxy for a much larger number of Americans.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's completely outrageous and even more to claim those two policies are anything but popular. The polling it takes to try and make those sound unpopular has to be unbelievably stupid.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, we have a press conference today and the NY Times article describing Trump's operation behind closed doors. Spicer issues a denial that Trump wears a bathrobe in this press conference. Awesome. The entertainment value is off the charts the past few weeks.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Blah blah blah. Everything you disagree with is stupid, silly, idiotic, or patently false because you said so. Blah blah blah.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would probably wear a bath robe at all times if I were president. I'd look like uncle Eddie

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If it's good enough for the Dude.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Politifact Attributes Incorrect Quote to Trump...Then Refutes It as Untrue

[​IMG]

8. Tenacious D

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

"to keep someone from proceeding; hold back."

Ya, I'd say more than 109 were detained, by that first definition of detain. Seems like a misunderstanding of meaning by both parties. Like we've had here on occasion.

10. Tenacious D

I think he meant legally detained, if that makes any difference.

But the larger point was the so oft-occuring failure of the MSM, as to render it impossible to believe it to be anything other than intentional effort to mislead.

You've got a valid battle with "fake news", IP, but it wil only be stopped by the larger war, of a completely derailed MSM.

JMHO.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you see the original transcript of his exchange in that interview? He did say only 109 people were effected, though it may have been him misspeaking

12. Tenacious D

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Then reason through extreme vetting being unpopular. Follow that up with anything on the other.

The dumbassery it took to get to a 30% of all Americans number is absolutely stupid. Keep rolling with that kind of lunacy. I hope the left continues it forever because it means they'll never be relevant.

14. Tenacious D

It appears that Twitter is shadowbanning (clandestine moderating) Trump's twitter feed:
    [​IMG]

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Might there be another explanation? I dont know anything about twitter, but I imagine a super popular account getting tons of replies would result in an unreadable constant stream of tweets, necessitating not tying every tag of it to the feed.

16. Tenacious D

NBC's Katy Tur is paying attention. You can despise the guy all day long, but this all-too-convenient notion that he's some bungling halfwit is only aiding his efforts. He's going to rend the MSM into pieces, and watch it eat itself.

[​IMG]

17. Tenacious D

It was never observed to be happening with President Obama. Or Justin Bieber, Lady GAGa, or other Twitter titans.

*Sidenote: Anyone wishing to join the cause for "Twatter" - an entirely different sort of social media exposure - should PM either RB or OV for details.

18. Tenacious D

And this....
    [​IMG]

19. Tenacious D

And this.....

[​IMG]

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, sorry, I don't buy the idea that Trump is simply playing with everyone by keeping this in the mouths of the media. If anything, he's shown an impulsive need to keep discussing and arguing every detail, often to his detriment. He kept the Alicia Machado and Khan battles in the media for waaaay too long, for no real reason other than his ego and sensitive nature.

And, I still don't think that Trump comes out well in an argument with the media. People will see it as a waste of time and effort for the administration to wage a needless battle with the media. It's already affecting him in a negative way.