The Trump Effect

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 11, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

yeah, but saying Twitter breaks news is like saying Comcast breaks news. No, CNN breaks news, but uses Comcast as its carrier.

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I already cited this response. Look at my last post as quoted "blah blah blah".

Feel free to give a concrete answer as to why you think the numbers are dumbassery next time please. Or hurl insults again. Whichever.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're telling me the app itself is a taxi driver and not the person who actually shows up in a car

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i'm saying it's a taxi service.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Twitter is a tool, not a news entity. Maybe I can just tweet that to you so you will fall into a paradox.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This polls says his approval rating is now at 53.1%.
    Link: http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb8

7. Tenacious D

Intel, Trump tout new $7 billion investment to create 10K jobs

Link: http://thehill.com/policy/technolog...7-billion-investment-to-create-10k-jobs?amp=1

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

9. Tenacious D

Politico*: Donald Trump might be more popular than you think

[​IMG]

I remember Quinnipac having some uniquely curious outliers in its presidential election polling, too.

Link: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-popularity-polling-234630

*You win, Universe.

10. Tenacious D

Trumped.

11. Unimane

Quinnipiac has always had left leaning results. You can throw them in the same basket as Rasmussen. The problem is that the Rasmussen numbers aren't even very good for a new president. I don't think the polls, especially a collection of them, are too far off. They were pretty good in the polling for the popular vote this election. The "shy voter" theory is usually bunk.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So, please list the approved polling sites. I'm about tired of reading you guys going back and forth. At first it was a little funny, but now, it's exhausting. He's been in office a month, ok, he's clearly the biggest piece of shit on the planet. You win. Congratulations. Jesus ****ing christ.

13. Unimane

So, don't read them. No one's forcing you.

There's no "approved polling site". I've always said they are to be considered in aggregate and not in terms of perfect accuracy. However, if they are, generally, showing Trump at about 43-45% and one is at 36%, while another 53%, those two are probably less likely to be accurate, especially if they are consistently out of the norm.

14. Tenacious D

The Bold Bits:
    60% of Americans approve of the job he's doing, and from a poll done just last week? See how easy it was to do that? And you're twice as intelligent and aware as anyone in the MSM.

Quick Aside: His approval rating amongst people who voted for him continues to grow. As hard as this may be to some (not necessarily you, Un) to grasp....his extreme vetting / ban of 7 countries, nomination of Gorsuch, signing the pipeline deal, dealing firmly with other nations, and all of the rest that most Americans agree with, but which the alt-left continuously lose their minds over....has only made him stronger. It's a long, long 4 years, for sure, but his reelection chances are both much better and trending upward for 2020, than they even were on Inauguration Day.

The Underlined Bits:
    Well, he's waged all-out war with the media since Day 1 of his campaign - and all it got him was elected President. Not being an ass, at all, but how you continue to completely ignore these two critically important facts while also arguing that Trump's war with the media has somehow causing him harm, or is likely to do so at any point in the future, is just beyond my ability to comprehend.

You and many, many people undoubtedly and sincerely dislike that he's warring with the media. Just as many don't care one whit about it, so long as it doesn't deflect his continuing activity, or at best, champion and love him even more for doing so.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Have you not learned that polls don't mean shit with Trump?

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They had Hillary by 3% and she won by 2.2%. That's better than they predicted a lot of elections.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Rasmussen uses a likely voter model, thats why its out of whack with the rest.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hillary won POTUS?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, someone nailed it, the polls were a helluva lot better than people gave them credit for... they were calling Hillary in the national and trending towards Trump in the states. But, since these approval polls are national, I don't think you can discount them.