The Unofficial Mayweather v. Pacquiao Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 23, 2015.

?

Predict the result

1. Pacquiao by knockout

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Mayweather by knockout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pacquiao in a decision

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Mayweather in a decision

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in particular if billy bob and Cletus happen to be rooting against the person or team you are.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Excuse me?! Did you just disrespect me bro?

I like a salt of the earth crowd, but fight night draws out the worst of the worst. Rednecks, jersey shore, wannabe thugs. Its ridiculous.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I was in vegas last year during the first round of the NFL playoffs. oh my. try finding a chick without an obvious tattoo.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'll say this: I'm predicting Mayweather will win and it's always nice when one's predictions to out to be correct, but it wouldn't break my heart if Pacquiao won. I think he's pretty clearly a better human .

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm on team Better Human.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Mayweather was jobbed as badly as anything I've ever seen in the Atlanta olympics. He's a straight up sack of crap as a human, but he was screwed. Maybe karma owes him something.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't see how a debate could be made that he isn't a better human.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's the best part.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Mayweather is 47-0 and made half a billion dollars as a relatively boring, defensive fighter, especially the latter half of his career. I think he got his karma.

He did get screwed, though. Not as bad as Roy Jones, but Mayweather's "loss" in 1996 was horsepoop.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Jones was the other I'd consider close, but Mayweather put on a clinic and lost. Dude is flat out made for Olympic scoring.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Ha!

12. Unimane

Yeah, but I consider Mayweather's screw job as incompetence whereas Jones was as corrupt as they come. Mayweather also simply outpointed his opponent, but Jones beat the snot out of the Korean dude to the point where the Korean dude was visibly embarrassed by the decision.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

fair enough. Both were beatings by Olympic scoring standards.

14. Unimane

I'm not big on the sentimental fluff pieces that seem to inundate the airwaves during every big sporting event, but I did find this story fairly interesting. I knew that Pacquiao had experienced some crazy shit, but this was still fairly surprising.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12767400[/video]

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm ****ing pissed that I'm going to miss this. **** work.

16. kidbourbon

Both him and Roy Jones Jr. got the shaft. It's weird how that happened -- the two guys who ended up being the best P4P fighters in the world for many years both got the **** sandwich at the olympics.

ETA: I know see that RJJr has already been mentioned.

17. kidbourbon

I agree with this. I would call the Jones Jr. decision an even more egregious rip job than the Mayweather one. Though both are good solid rip jobs.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the media hype machine is as bad as I've ever seen it for an upcoming fight.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's really too bad this didn't happen a couple of years ago.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is boxing's swan song. Will get my $100.