The Unofficial Mayweather v. Pacquiao Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Apr 23, 2015.

?

Predict the result

1. Pacquiao by knockout

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Mayweather by knockout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pacquiao in a decision

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Mayweather in a decision

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

what did cosell say during the final rounds of larry holmes/randall tex cobb?

something about holmes destroying the very sport which provides his livleihood?

or something?

hat? anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

SIAP.

[video=youtube;pCVhyrgWSBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVhyrgWSBY[/video]

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, Pacquiao fought the entire fight with a torn right rotator cuff. Damn, waited all these years for the fight and we get a one armed Manny, whom Mayweather still couldn't do much to hurt. Pacquiao is also accusing Mayweather of knowing about the condition and deliberately pulling on his arm during the fight. I did find it kind of odd at how long Money would hold Pacquiao during the clinches.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is this legit or just him making excuses?

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Doing his best to manufacture the belief that, if fully healthy, things might be different...trying to sell a rematch.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

He is having surgery with a torn rotator cuff with him recuperating for 6-12 months.

7. Unimane

Well, he's having surgery and expected to miss 9-12 months.

8. Unimane

I'm of two minds. One, I think he should have postponed the fight. Fans should have been able to see both fighters in top condition. On the other hand, if he's out for rotator cuff surgery and Floyd is retiring in September, then last Saturday night was his one shot for a $100 million payday. Hard to say which is the better way.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Excuses; the guy threw 500 punches.

10. Unimane

More like 400 and he threw about 3-400 less punches than normal for his fights.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No it isn't. You take the 100 million.

12. Unimane

True.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would not have watched this farce of a fight for free. As a matter of fact, I turned down an offer to watch it for free. I had an online poker tourney.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If you like homoerotic grappling.

15. kidbourbon

I said after the first round the fight was over. When a volume puncher isn't volume punching, he has a problem.

16. kidbourbon

That's certainly not true.

17. kidbourbon

You don't like Mayweather. That's not the same as him not being great. He toyed with Pacquiao. What else did you expect?

18. kidbourbon

Point 1 is excellent.

19. MWR

MWR Contributor

I think the problem has been that some individual boxers have more power than the governing body.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Mayweather text Stephen A. Smith during his segment on First Take this morning that he would fight Manny again once he healed from the shoulder injury.