The (Unofficial) NBA Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jun 11, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Go Bron!

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would like to see LeBron go off for about 40 a night.

I think he's scared to fail, which leads him to choke, but I do like the guy.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I just think he gets more criticism than he deserves. I want him to get one under his belt to shut his critics up (at least for a while).

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think the Heat are better than the Thunder, and LeBron is a better all-around player than Durant. I'll take Miami in 6....maybe 7.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eh, he was a world wide phenom before he graduated high school. It comes with the territory. People raking him over the coals for the "decision by ESPN" do piss me off. It was a fundraising event that Clevelanders took as a slap in the face.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Westbrook should be able to take advantage of the Heat in every way imaginable. He's the deciding factor. I also like Seph as a defender in general.

If Miami continues to push LeBron to be the selfish player that his talent warrants, they are a much better team and have a chance. If he defers to his nature and tries to be the passer, they won't be beating the Thunder. In fact, the Celtics would have finished them off in game 6. The dynamic of all the media hype about "can they share the ball" in Miami appears to have had the guy deferring too much, and it manifested because it's his nature. He decided to take it over and run with it, there really isn't any team ready to handle him, especially if he keeps getting the nod from the refs.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You can't overlook Bosh's return in Game 6 and 7. They're definitely better with than without him.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Derrick Rose thought the same thing in the Eastern Conference Finals last year, then looked up and had a linebacker with sprinter speed guarding him.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Then who is going to guard Durant, if not LeBron?

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would assume Battier......maybe Bosh if he is healthy.

If LeBron decides to continue to take over, I say Heat in 6. I fully expect Westbrook to decide to have a couple of games where he tries to be hero.

11. hatvol96

A combination of Battier, Wade, Haslem, Miller, et al. If the offense can't get initiated, it's not near as difficult to deal with a wing scorer.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think Bosh or Battier can contain KD

13. hatvol96

Stephen Jackson did just fine in the first two games of the West finals.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Two games out of 7. He MAY get stopped for a game or two, but not for four. If not more.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

spot on.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Probably not, but if LeBron can contain Westbrook, Durant's 30 won't be enough.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

come on. That's an entirely different team. Chicago had no other offensive threats whatsoever, so the Heat could effectively play a box and 1. They slough like that and they'll get sent to the house in about 5.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

KD will probably turn the ball over from laughing if Spoelstra's dumb enough to put Mike Miller (who walks like he's 80 years old) or Udonis Haslem on him. He ought to be summarily fired if that happens. Also, KD will get a jumper any time he wants it on Wade because he's about 6 or 7 inches taller. Battier can't stop him, but he would be the only option out of the people you listed.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's all about transition defense with containing Westbrook. If the Heat don't get the dribble stopped at half court, Bron's going to get several cheap fouls, and the Heat will be in trouble.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That'll go both ways in this series. LeBron and Wade will put OKC defenders in the same jeopardy.