The (Unofficial) NBA Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jun 11, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Here we go. Go Thunder

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Man, Miami is wearing the Thunder out right now from behind the arc

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I approve of this outcome.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I going to leave work 12 minutes early today so I can be like LeBron.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

LeBron's the best player in the world and he'll be measured not on how he performs in the playoffs, but on how he performs in the Finals....that's fair....but, it seems like Wade continues to get a pass, and he's not been impressive at all since the Indiana series.

Durant dominated the 4th while James stumbled. At least he took shots though, as opposed to fading into the corner and avoiding the action. The one thing on last night's box score that really frustrates me about LeBron was the 1 personal foul. He's a big, athletic 6'8" 250lb. guy...there's no way he can finish a game with one foul if he's playing with the urgency, aggression, and physicality that this situation calls for. It's the Finals...he needs to be the aggressor on both ends of the floor.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

good point JT, but he gets the benefit of the no call pretty often. I actually think Riley's working on him to be more aggressive and it's working some, but it's a slow road due to who LeBron is.

Wade and Bosh crapping the bed is the larger issue and was reasonably predictable when the move first happened.

That said, this should still be a tight series. Neither team has any real semblance of post play, so it comes down to shooting, officials and defense. OKC has a tremendous shooting advantage and Miami a defensive advantage, but the officials are a toss up.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When did Bosh suddenly think he's a 3pt shooter?

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

his making those against Boston won them the game, but might be the worst thing that could have happened to the Heat.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I call it the Rasheed Wallace effect. He makes just enough to convince himself he needs to take more.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Wade gets the pass because he's been there and done that. As for your second point, I totally agree. To me, if Durant's going to guard James, James has to take him down on the block and use that strength advantage the entire time. Run the offense through LeBron on the block.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's hard not to like this OKC team. They are flat fun to watch.

That arena looks crazy tonight also.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Edge of my seat. This is great stuff.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I want to see the media kill Durant for missing the seven footer that would have tied the game. I now want all stars held to the same level as LBJ.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There was a lot of contact on that missed seven footer

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Won't happen, though; it's just gonna be "LeBron fouled him!!!!!!!!" even though Durant should have fouled out 3 minutes before that.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

On a side note, this series should turn out the be what we all hoped. A knockdown dragout fight

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You don't think LeBron gets that call in the same situation? Laughable.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I thought it was a good no-call. There wasn't enough contact to warrant a foul call in that situation; the refs did the right thing by letting the players decide the game, and tonight Bron and Wade made the winning plays. I think it's still going to be a hell of a series.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Boo [uck fay]ing hoo. He missed it. Must be a heartless choker who can't make the big shot.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Boy, you love some LeBron. You are kidding yourself if you think Wade or LBJ doesnt get that call in a late game situation. And I think you know that. I give no damn about this series. I caught maybe the last two minutes. Just making an observation