The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Do we know if the entire world is overrun?

I know the guy at the CDC said it was toast, but otherwise we've still not seen anything outside the state of Georgia.

There may large colonies of survivors in other parts of the country and world. Or no?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

In World War Z, both novel and movie, the rate of turning is variable. It started out quite slow, as in hours to days. By the time the shit was hitting the fan, it was like 20 seconds.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is apparent that North America is overrun. We haven't been given any indication about anywhere else iirc.

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Dr. Jenner mentioned that the French were the last to hold out, so you have to assume everywhere is infected.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't remember that, thanks.

6. syndicate

Only reason I remember is I watched the marathon Sunday morning. They really didn't expand on that statement the way they should have.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they deliberately keep things vague, to keep us guessing and curious.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I remember thinking it was pretty funny that rick asked almost zero questions about how it all went down when he woke up.

9. syndicate

It's probably all a dream of his. You don't question dreams.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Oh, it's not an issue. I'm just genuinely puzzled by it.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Also, In the second season those guys at the bar that Rick killed were from Philly and had mentioned they migrated south to try and get away but continued to run into trouble everywhere. They Were going to try and head to Nebraska until Rick put em down. So we have that source too that its bad in other places

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And IIRC, Noah in the recent episodes said he was from Richmond, VA and was at home when it all went down. Once again, thats IIRC

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Seems like the coast would be a good spot.

If your back is to the water you're safe. And If you want to live in a boat, you should be good to go. And shrimp are scrumptious and delicious. ****in' scrumlicious. What's the prob?

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Depends on the universe. In some, zombies don't breathe and are thus able to move under water. Shark infested coast may be an option, though.

15. syndicate

That's my big gripe with world war z. The pressure would crush the zombies' heads.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So how does this show compare to Game of Thrones/Breaking Bad in terms of quality/entertainment?

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Like TWD enjoy GOT and BB more. jmo

18. syndicate

I like all three, Breaking Bad is my favorite, but the wait between seasons sucked the same for all of them.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hate Lyle Jones.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The military is screwed but I'll be damn if a small town cop, coming out of a coma can lead a small group of civilians and kick their ass.

I bet Rick and Darryl could wipe ISIS out in a few weeks.