The WNBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NashVol11, Jul 23, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I guess I think there’s reasons people don’t like the wnba other than misogyny and hypocrisy and said so, and got drug into an argument. I’m out now

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was a joke about how boring the WNBA is to get clicks on YouTube. I doubt he did it due to his contempt or hatred of women.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Buying 4 tickets, putting on PJs, traveling to Barclays and spending your night being sexist for views on YouTube is definitely a thing to be applauded, what a cool guy

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think you know what misogynistic means.

5. NashVol11

Great point, people pull stunts like that at February tank-a-thon NBA games all the time

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

InVolNerable and utvol0427 like this.
  7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

High level college football players are the best players for their general age group. Elite 18-21 year old football players are in the SEC, Big 10, etc. That coupled with the atmosphere around college football (10 Xs better than the NFL) makes your comparison a pretty bad one IMO.

8. NashVol11

Anyway, WCBB final viewership was up 103% this year and WNBA ASG viewership was up 16%, but not sure how that could happen without "other intangibles" to get sexists' attention

9. NashVol11

That's an expression of embarrassment for your own team being bad, not wearing PJs and sleeping in the front row because the "league is boring". You're better than this IMO

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You really think he did this because they are women and not because it is a popular point of view that the WNBA is a boring product and he knew he'd get views?

Was it shitty to do? Yeah.
    Was it funny? A little.
    Did he do this specifically because they are women? Doubtful.

11. NashVol11

That "popular point of view" is deeply rooted in misogyny and he went out of his way to appeal to it lol, you are gradually approaching the point

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This thread is the most exciting stuff the WNBA has ever produced.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Much deserved. Caitlin Clark had people turning on women's basketball that usually never give it a second thought.

NashVol11 likes this.
  14. NashVol11

Happy to help lol. I think it's a pretty exciting year for the league with 2 super teams in NY and Vegas (one of which has an extremely popular Vol on it) but if people other than me can't get past being dismissive I'm fine talking to myself haha

15. NashVol11

Agreed, and a handful of superstars like that can change the narrative quickly IMO

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No, it's rooted in the WNBA being a terrible product.

17. NashVol11

XFL, USFL and whatever other spring football league are all worse products and crickets (for some reason, who knows what that reason is). MLS is a terrible product globally speaking and is also growing very quickly

18. NorrisAlan

No one makes threads about them.

That said, I thought when you made this it was a satirical thread. My apologies. Knock yourself out over it, glad you find enjoyment in it. Just please don't call me a misogynist if I don't like it.

To be fair, I think basketball is a trash sport all around and would mock the NBA thread as well, but Indy would get mad at me interrupting him talking to himself for three pages straight.

SetVol13, InVolNerable and NashVol11 like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As I’ve been preaching for 20 years, women’s basketballs biggest marketing issue is that they try to compare themselves to the men’s game. And it’s not close.

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

Same for a lot of women's sports.