They Remember What You Do In November

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 30, 2023.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

iirc Heupel ran the score up on Missouri last year with Milton throwing deep with under a minute left then we punched it in the next play. I don't blame Heuepl though. Vying for a playoff spot. The announcers were losing their shit though.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

yeah, a lot of “classless” being thrown around, even though it was our backups.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay] Nuheisel

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I want to say Drinkwitz made some targeted remarks about UT in the 2022 preseason. Heupel can carry a grudge, and I respect the [uck fay] out of it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel broke all kinds of records as Odom's OC at Mizzou and didn't get a phone call when the hc job opened up. He took it personally

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Banks also has a personal beef with Missouri, I’d love to hear it.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You worry about the shit teams on Tennessee's schedule. Missouri has played one team with any kind of talent and got beat by 10.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Even with Van Jake's favorite QB

CitrusCo.Vol and Poppa T like this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. On Jim Rome show, I think. Drinkiwitz thought he was being cute. And his boys got [itch bay]-slapped.

“I thought you were going to introduce my record,” Drinkwitz said. “But with the latest allegations against Tennessee, let’s hold up on what my record is because I expect them to vacate some wins and that’s gonna help my record a little bit.”

I am not sure if he really understood what "vacating wins" actually meant. But I guess 6-6 is better than 6-7 and the 60+ (?) points coming off their defensive ledger, probably would make his stats look a little better when having his YE performance review.

I also think he took a jab at Pruitt's wife about handing out money and maybe he needed to talk to his wife about her job responsibilities. She probably [itch bay]-slapped him before we did.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

In the 90s, I didn’t. The last two decades have been rough though.

I think we can beat Missouri, just not with the kind of pass defense we brought to Gainesville or Lexington.

IP likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Heupel needs to put his foot down on Banks obsession with putting a DE in coverage. They've gotten next to zero benefit from it and it wreaks of amateur hour.

Anyone wanna count how many of Leary's 372 yards came at the expense of Roman Harrison man'd up on the slot?

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s definitely overthinking. I would think an offense is happy for any of those edge guys we have to not rush the passer.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this has been annoying all year and I can’t recall a time when it worked. You have a soft corner and asking a rushing DE to run to the flat. It’s an easy read, throw and catch. We telegraph it too.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Coaching profession is full of morons, I am convinced of it. I am sure when it is drawn on a diagram, it looks great, but the damn offenses are not doing what they are supposed to do! But let's keep doing it because it is supposed to work!

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dropping Pierce is what got me.

Also didn't like when he overloaded one side of D-line and let pierce be double-teamed weak side either.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, by Dabo logic the Vols are actually good enough to be 8-0. Just got beat by Tennessee twice.

justingroves likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Letting your guys do what they do best is just so predictable

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This logic [uck fay]ing kills me. I know! Let's put Wilt Chamberlain at point guard! They will never expect it!!

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I understand your an advanced stat
    Feels like 360

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only time the DE dropping worked was when Barnett took it upon himself to run step for step with an uncovered receiver against TAMU in 2016

utvol0427 likes this.