They Remember What You Do In November

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 30, 2023.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Reps do that

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Banks would probably look even better with an upgrade at DB coach.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Speaking of DB coaches, I'm wondering if Martinez gets extended.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Don't think it's the plan as of now. I believe we part ways.

Tar Volon and Volgrad98 like this.
  5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's about [uck fay]ing time

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Give me yards per play so I can see an adjustment for the fact that the Hooker offense created about a billion more possessions than the Milton one.

7. Tar Volon

Alright alright I’ll do it myself:

Total defense (per play)

2021: 61st

2022: 42nd

2023: 12th

Rushing defense (per play)

2021: 39th

2022: 12th

2023: 8th

Passing defense (per play)

2021: 72nd

2022: 61st

2023: 32nd

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So it is a real trend.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I feel like we haven't really played any good offenses this year. I realize that that's a little bit of chicken or the egg vis-a-vis our defensive performances, but I'm pretty sure it's chicken .

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s a really down year for SEC QBs for sure.

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'd venture to guess that we've given up season high performances to half of the QBs we've played this year and to the majority of that which we faced the first two seasons.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mertz & Leary for sure.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Cannot forget AP nor San Antonio's 3rd string guy who came off the bench to hit his first 10 or so passes.

14. Tar Volon

Mertz and Milroe sure aren’t top five NFL draft picks. [Whoever is QB at A&M] isn’t Jayden Daniels. The change in schedule probably explains a good bit of the difference. But probably not all? Hard to parse out the specifics.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

USCjr last year and Florida this year just poison the well. All other numbers fall to the wayside when you factor in those two complete and utter shit shows.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Meh idk. I don't think anyone here in August of 2022 would have considered that season ending in us winning a beautiful glass bowl of oranges as anything but a successful season at that point in time. Especially how dire of a situation the entire program seemed to be in just 18 months prior

This year's first half Florida debacle though will forever make me hurl.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I can't recall any loss to UF that didn't make me hurl. Probably cause I am so [uck fay]ing old, I remember when they were shit.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Violently hurling in disgust over a UF loss nearly every September of my fan viewing lifetime is all I’ve ever known in this series. Each UF defeat has been its own unique special circle of hell over the years.

Although if I had to pick the most hellacious UF loss ever I’d pick the 2015 version we blew in the 4th quarter (in large part bc of Butch’s [uck fay]ing chart) at the swamp as being the absolute rock bottom moment for me in this rivalry. I LOST my damn mind and should have been committed to an insane asylum the rest of the weekend after they not only converted a 4th and 14 with the game on the line-but somehow took it 75 yards to the house for the lead with under two min left. Only for us to get the ball back and drive down far enough to set up a missed game winning field goal as time expired by 6 inches. Hell on Earth that day was

The 2006 game where we launched the legend of Tim [uck fay]ing Tebow is probably 2nd on my personal all time UF misery list. [uck fay] I hate the Florida Gators

Poppa T likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The biggest problem is they are again.

Poppa T, ole_orange and A-Smith like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Thats the effed up thing about this series. The worse they actually are, the more likely they somehow beat us. Florida hasn’t been scary ass Florida for going on 15 years now