They Remember What You Do In November

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 30, 2023.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Really if you look back and think about it Florida’s 2001, 2006, 2008, and 2009 team were the only teams they’ve had this millennium so far that were actually terrifying, national title competing opponents to face. Every other team they’ve trotted out since 2000 have been anywhere from spectacularly “meh” to out-right horrific. Absolutely maddening

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Final thing I’ll add: if it were only the format we will have this time next year we’d be controlling our own destiny to easily make one of the 12 playoff spots.

Next year is when it starts where a having a loss or two by mid November in the SEC won’t mean you are out of the hunt.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I suspect my outlook would be somewhat different, if I had started off where you did.

Much respect.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Good.

Now, if we'd only quit [uck fay]ing around and just beat their shitty azz.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I do like that Florida plays 3 ranked opponents in a row to end the season. Lose all 3, and they finish 5-7 and with a 5 game losing streak to end the season. Would make our loss to them all the worse, but what's done is done. I hope they lose each by 50.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I'm in the "I want all our opponents to lose" camp, whether we beat <edit: "play"> them or not.

If we go undefeated, I don't care if our competition sucks. There is no "Their competition sucks" * beside a 13-0 record.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023