They Remember What You Do In November

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 30, 2023.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Pass defense is simple as forcing the QB to make quick decisions and perfect throws under intense pressure. Not a lot of QBs can do that consistently. Apparently that's not sexy scheming.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds pretty simple and easy

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, when your two best pass rushers are getting put in headlocks and form tackled, it tends to throw a wrench in it

tn_longrifles likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Kind of like saying it’s easy not to be poor. Make a lot of money

justingroves likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's absurd that in Tennessee's 3 road games, there's been one live ball foul called against the opposing team. 11 consecutive quarters without a live ball penalty.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We must be the unluckiest team of all time that all these teams figure out how to play 60 minutes of perfectly clean football when they host us.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

pretty easy to tell we rub a lot of people the wrong way, when we’re good.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't mind rubbing people the wrong way, but [dadgum], the refs need to be above that shit.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I think it's more like being good seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"They" don't want to see Saban end his career with loss to the Vols, like good ol' Bear Bryant. It messes up the story's ending.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That's not how it works. Unfortunately.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UT and the SEC office haven't had the coziest of relationships since Kramer retired.

warhammer, justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hot take here:

warhammer likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Does Banks care about numbers now? D can clamp down when they want it seems but he’s just prone to sitting back too often or dropping 30 into coverage for an easy 3rd down throw, which sticks out as it leads to 6,7,8 minute drives and kills any offensive rhythm.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think Banks tweeted that.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

MY LUKEWARM TAKE : That has more to do with talent than coordinator.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  17. Ssmiff

I thought he was quoted somewhere.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The starters haven't changed a whole lot, Garner is getting the dline playing well, Beasley has figured out the linebacker spot and the dbs haven't really changed.

Pearce Jr and Hobbs are young guys coming on but this staff got them here. The transfers are to the staff's credit too.

Banks has went brain dead in one game this year, outside of that he’s done a good job

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Bank's D looks brilliant at times and like it was drawn in Crayola at others. I honestly don't know what to make of it other than that soft zone is usually money for the opposing offense.

20. Ssmiff

44 has been better. He had a rough start this year with bad angles and late reads.