Thinking About Transferring

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Mar 2, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You made it seem as though the student loans would be contributing the least of the three options.

lol and my maturity is in question?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, on the question of whether i know who you are or read your posts, Do you understand the concept of a message board and how easily one can fabricate his entire life on it? I take things people say with a grain of salt. Especially when they have been kicked off the board multiple times and assume they are better than others for no [uck fay]ing reason.

Not to mention half the threads you post are stupid as [uck fay]. you are trying way too hard.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not a fan of the student loan. Why would you transfer out of state and take on more debt?

4. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I eventually want to be a doctor (dealing with the brain). I don't worry about money. History is one of my pet projects.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd worry about money if you want to be a doctor. medical school is a hell of a lot more expensive than UT. do you really want to be paying off student loans till your 40?

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Paul Pinkney is one of my favorites.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he's going the brain route, you can probably up that to 45 or 50.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

And axion starts digging his grave towards his demise (again). Indy's right. Loans and whatnot are only going to get you so far, regardless of grades. And then you get to pay them off. With a history degree. Hey, it's no secret you have these lofty expectations of yourself to be the next world wonder and that's great. But you're already showing signs of not having a backup plan when plan A fails. There are 25 other letters in the alphabet for a reason.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You disagree with Steve and agree with me? Well in that case, you are not mature or intelligent enough to be a regular poster on this wonderful site *inserts Tenny D's balls into mouth*. You should go ahead and follow what i did and take his advice to "simply go castrate yourself so you don't further pollute the gene pool."

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You could accomplish all of the above at UT and while probably pocketing money during undergrad if you have a lot of scholarships/funding grants. Like someone earlier said, medical school costs a lot of money. Save yourself the trouble in the future, and don't imprision yourself in debt. We are only young once, there is no sense in stressing yourself out finiancially this early in life. Besides, UT is a great experience and there are a lot of intelligent, down to Earth people that go here. Join a fraternity or something next fall if you want to meet more people...

Don't leave, you never know, UT might even install an escalator for that damn hill soon.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

ITT: People who have done relatively little research try to tell me about my chosen career.

Droski and Card: My med school bill (if I stay in-state) will be no more than 100K-max. The fields I want to pursue have salary ranges from 300K-well over 1 million per annum (under served areas and cash only with rich client base, etc.) I don't plan on worrying about money.

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I don't go to UT, brotha. I might transfer there, though. That was why I asked about their history department.

13. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

[uck fay] the Dawkins route.

First, No, I don't think I'm "better" than anyone. "Better" is a relative term.
    Second, I don't lie. Period. Please point to a post that you think has been fabricated, and I will do my best to substantiate the claim.
    Finally, which threads are "stupid?" I'm guessing you're referring to the Miami real estate thread, a topic about which you knew [penis], so you called it stupid.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If I weren't on my mobile [unt cay] would be banned already.

15. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

By the by, smart people can usually tell if something is fabricated or not. Rapidity of response is a good indicator, as well.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My bad, I assumed you did attend UT for some reason. I am in the business school here now, and have never taken a history course here. I'm sure there are some great historical minds here, and I wish I had a better answer for you. I have learned many things about this place since last August, whether or not our history department is worth a damn, I have no clue. I will say that UT is getting better each fall, and you will not regret this experience. Where do you go to school now? just curious.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Great thread

18. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

East Tennessee State. Has its perks and drawbacks, like all the rest. Proximity to home was major draw.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Perks: Easy commute to Jonesborough Days and Cards games.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Apple Festival just up the road. Sammons hot dogs in Betsy town. Just sayin.