Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pump the brakes.

SetVol13, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If they can stay in the game and not let Bama do Bama things early I do think it might be one of the loudest or rowdiest crowds in UT history. Simply because the fanbase has been starving for something to cling as the team went through the outer reaches of hell with the last 3 coaches prior to Heupel. But biggest game in Neyland history - nah. Not even in the top 5-10 games in Neyland history. In the last 20 years you could argue it's the biggest game. I suppose since ESPN Gameday has already been to Neyland once this year instead of coming back like they should they'll be at the mighty matchup of Michigan and Penn State next week. Even though the clear cut biggest game of the CFB season so far will be taking place in Neyland next Saturday afternoon.

justingroves likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We gotta keep Bama fans out to get loud loud.

Are Bammers willing to spend $300 a ticket for this game? A lot probably got tickets awhile ago though.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's not going to be many Bama fans outside their allotment

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This isn't 2008.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They'll be at their local Save-a-lot in droves trying to trade food stamps for cash to afford tickets.

justingroves likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Too many bandwagon Bammers living in Chattanooga and Nashville we need to purge.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It could very possibly push into the top 10 or even higher, but a lot will depend on the outcome.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You know, there have been many big games in Neyland. But it’s a fair consideration that each game this year gets bigger and bigger as long as we win. Dethroning Saban would be a monstrous occasion but that would likely occur in Atlanta. But, in the last decade I could see the argument that this is the biggest.

Beating Bear was just before my time but it was a huge hump to get over. So this game could certainly be up there as far as significant games. I mean, if we were to win we are in the playoff convo. But just playing in a game this important is good enough for me.

IP likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, it is. This is also a top ten matchup between two undefeated teams and against our most traditional rival, who is coached by, arguably, the best college coach ever. There aren't going to be too many set ups better than that one in Neyland history.

11. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Corso and game day will almost certainly be in Knoxville, put on the elephant head and seal the bammers doom! Doom I say!

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I mean I want to win, but to be here is quite unexpected in this time frame. It’s been said though. Tennessee is easy to win at if you are a decent coach. Heupel certainly realizes what he has as opposed to Kiffin having to lose it to realize it

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Should be an excellent nationally televised 4 hour infomercial for our University next Saturday. It's about damn time the country is reminded why Tennessee is one of the 10 best college football programs in the history of the sport.

thagodfather and justingroves like this.
  14. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Biggest game in Neyland history?

Shit, biggest game in history of sport.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A competent coach has always had perennial top 10 caliber program throughout our history. It was true nearly 100 years ago. It still rings true today. Lord knows I was pissed af at the JH hire when it went down, but damn it's never been sweeter to look like a total ass in retrospect. I think we just might have finally landed the big fish we've been searching for since 2008.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They’re afraid to let Milroe throw. They aren’t going to beat us playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust. As much maligned as our pass defense is, we’re stout against the run. They need Bryce back

justingroves likes this.
  17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I mean I wanted Matt Campbell, Kiffin, or Chadwell desperately and was pissed off over Heupel. It finally feels good to seemingly be wrong about a hire. Heupel is kind of like Kiffin without the baggage. I was a little puzzled by some of the offensive plays but I'm sure they make sense in the grand scheme of things. I thought that play out of a timeout in the 2nd quarter where we went for it on 4th and 2 and then done a friggin shuttle pass to Fant was about as brilliant of a call as I've seen in a while. He's got a lot in his bag of tricks.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm hesitant to throw out comparisons this early but I can't help but see some Spurrier in Coach Heupel. (Coaching styles)

juicemane likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s still early af, but without Bryce Young Alabama doesn't look immortal

TangoUniform and IP like this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Philosophy wise? Absolutely. Heupel seems like a next gen Spurrier in lots of ways.