This is gonna get weird.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

National media: you can’t tell me that those aren’t 2 of the best four teams in America. And both deserve a chance at Georgia over Tennessee

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

ACC is not getting in.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

And they will say the exact same thing about a 1 loss ACC team and a 1 loss PAC 12 team - even if that PAC 12 team is Oregon. Because Oregon will have won X amount of games straight and will be a whole "new animal" if UGA sees them again in the CFP. It would be a better storyline. The other talking point will start to become conference champions DESERVE to be in the playoff if they have the same record as a non conference winner. That's why I believe even though Clemson lost the other night they would still get in the CFP over Tennessee if they win out. Or UNC would at one loss. They would have won their conference.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Buck Belue Atlanta Sports Radio predicting:

- Georgia
    - Ohio State
    - Tennessee
    - TCU

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Has Eric Ainge been properly roasted on Twitter?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Predicting these will be the rankings on Tuesday? Or this is who will make the playoff at the end of the season?

I could see both.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s not worth the effort

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

14-13 would be a more typical Big10 score.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last year it was 42-27

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Who makes the playoffs.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Michigan winning that game close worries me.

Notre Dame is going to beat USC, and the media is going to hype them back up as being really good again. All of us rational, logical folks will look at it and say "No one thought Clemson was any good, and there was no way of knowing if USC is any good because they haven't played anyone. Notre Dame is probably still just pretty average."

But the media will be like "OSU beat Notre Dame, who later took down TWO top 10 teams! They have to make the playoff despite losing to Michigan."

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Michigan and Ohio State getting in would make me hope UGA throttles both of them.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They never learn from their Oklahoma mistakes, a program who has regularly got their shit kicked in by superior programs in the playoff age. Every year we get some overmatched team who ran through a shit conference only to get waxed in the semifinals. How many shitty semis have we had to endure because they didn't want to put the four best teams?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wait till there are 12 teams.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

At least there won't be any good teams left out.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There will at least be the best 4 or 5 in that way and then everyone can be shocked a 6th seed beat everyone

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

What if we somehow miss out on the playoff and LSU beats UGA in the SECCG. UGA still in the playoffs and then LSU to the Sugar Bowl. Would we land in the Orange Bowl since it's ACC vs Big 12/SEC or Notre Dame

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That was, actually, not bad.