This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol damn, was really banking on you being a Game Of Thrones fan. I'd like to think it was a semi-decently clever metaphor there for anyone familiar with that show. Otherwise if you have never seen that show, that will read as total gibberish.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

[uck fay] that dumb ass. Cheat better.

tvolsfan and InVolNerable like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. Cheat better
    2. Don't treat everyone around you like trash.
    3. Especially don't treat everyone around you like trash when they have the ability to ruin your life because of #1.

ole_orange, tvolsfan, A-Smith and 3 others like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t exactly know which thread to put this in but I need to say it, after seeing some video of the celebration in Storrs, the more time that goes by, the more comical the media reaction to mustardgate looks

IP, Poppa T, tvolsfan and 4 others like this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea if you aren't literally Nick Saban maybe refrain from bringing the cheap knockoff dickhead imitation of Saban's asshole energy until you actually gain some credibility on your own first...*COUGH COUGH*...looking @ you Pruitt and Dooley!

#1 mistake many Saban disciples make: thinking they can forcibly be the insufferable jerk as only Saban can be and actually make it work.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

They and any other assistants who get jobs due to their standing next to an all time great are in a tough position, even if they don’t deserve any sympathy. They knew they were impostors.

Saban or MJ or people like that don’t rub off on you. They just drag everyone around them along, and in Saban’s case, cheating your balls off to build your career doesn’t hurt either.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kirby Smart, *Lane Kiffin, and Jimbo Fisher before the game passed him by are the only coaches that have ever had any kind of success as a head coach. With Kiffin being someone who doesn't even have a championship ring as a head coach yet and who had already established himself before a pit stop at Alabama. Otherwise everyone else fails it seems like. Hard to just show up somewhere and "be Saban".

Jimbo Fisher said it best..."I know where his skeletons are buried and how he made himself into an excellent coach".

8. CardinalVol

IP likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

Key quote -

Tennessee is not going to agree to a bowl-ban, which has been the athletic department’s stance from the beginning. No matter what the other penalties were, the Vols were not going to punish the student-athletes that had nothing to do with the infractions. So, if the NCAA decides they want more blood, the school will take this investigation to a court room.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good. Draw the line. If the coach is fired, the AD retired, and everyone involved is gone, self-imposed penalties made... then that should be it.

tvolsfan, TDVol1989 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The failure to monitor charge is the hold up apparently. If an agreement can be made on that and the NCAA finishes with the proper procedures this will be over sooner rather than later.

13. CardinalVol

I want to be the school that drops the nuke that ends the NCAA. I hope they fight it.

tvolsfan, AbeFroman, zehr27 and 9 others like this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

I’ve said it here before and I’ve said to anyone I’ve talked to about it, if I were AD I’d burn down the NCAA building before I’d let them railroad me. Because I have no AD experience I can’t speak to what exactly doing that looks like in a practical / non ham fisted way. But I’m glad the current leadership gets it and isn’t afraid of a fight.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Unless they can fine us for playing or take away wins if we play and win, screw em. Hell screw em anyway.

16. HCKevinSteele

It’s not healthy and I know that, but it legitimately bothers me that there’s a universe where Tennessee gets serious penalties while nobody would dare look at the other two in conference powerhouses, who built their programs by cheating their asses off and everyone who knows anything knows it.

And the guy who did it 1/10th the dirt while at Tennessee learned the game from the coaches at the other 2 programs.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This article is a shot across their bow.

TDVol1989, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We finally have competent leaders who don't mind a fight from the top to the AD. And it shows.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Amazing what happens when you have a school president like Randy Boyd who actually cares about and understands the importance of college athletics as much as anyone on this message board does. Dude is just an average ole Tennesseean like us who managed to become really rich from figuring out how to make electric dog fences a thing and now happens to find himself as the President of his alma mater as a consolation prize for barely losing the GOP Gubernatorial primary a few years back.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dr. Danny's dad despises the NCAA. I would bet the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I think he would love this war and welcome it.

InVolNerable likes this.