Travis Haney Drops the Hammer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 7, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Do you like losing money?

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Haha, I love this argument. I also love pointing out he was 1b both times and didn't make the BCS tie in bowl for conference champ.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Thank God we gave him the extension when we did, when he figures out how to get some confidence, he's going to demand much more money.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You might if you absolutely hated where you were and you were aging two years in one.

5. InVolNerable

I've known people to take less money for better quality of life.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think once you're earning in the millions, other factors play larger roles.

That's not to say he'd go from 4M to 1M, but you reach a point where you're good on money, maybe you need more happiness, less stress. Maybe not.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I hate where I am.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At some point you've reached a point where a million doesn't matter for me. Now answer my question.

I'm going to guess no to both, so you are not Botch.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There's no such thing as having too much money. - hatvol96

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

MO money, mo problems

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But if you're a team who has literally never won a conference championship (historical best result is losing a tiebreaker for your division crown), don't you take a guy who has tied for the conference title in two of his three years in that conference?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, but the team with 6 national titles shouldn't ever touch him

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Then your issue should be with whomever gave him that contract, with those known issues, not with his unwillingness to walk away from it.

14. InVolNerable

I'll be the first in line to upsell his accomplishments to USF or Temple or whoever else wants to hear it.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My problems just start with Butch. Much like I don't put any blame on Jumper for playing middle linebacker, I put only part of the blame on Butch for being here. A majority of the blame is placed on Hart and his bosses. Except for the president, they are all gone or going away, and I feel Jones is on life support until the new AD finds a replacement.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I have issues with that idiot, too

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have issues with all of them too. But his his unwillingness to simply walk away from money isn't one of them.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You might if your current job was likely to end, permanently damaging your reputation and potentially ending your career, when a different job might last many years and allow you to potentially rebuild your reputation and regain if not surpass your earning power.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would be making twice what I do now if I had stayed in a factory. I would have hated life, but I'd have more money. I'm glad I chose what I did.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've turned down jobs for more money because I like where I'm at.