Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Because he, and the Jesse Jackson's of the world, don't give a rat's butt about their race. They care about getting in front of a camera and notoriety. That's what cases like these get them. The sooner all parties see that, the better off everyone will be.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I know Lee does work for Haiti earthquake victims, but that tweet was moronic and, should be if not, criminal.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Zimmerman being a self-appointed deputy is far more important than his race.

You can't seriously believe this.

Yes, god forbid we educated people on their past. Totally irrelevant, for sure.

Educating people on their past is great. Telling them they have to hold onto it forever and the past is why they are not succeeding today is not.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What does that have to do with anything?

5. Unimane

I was just trying to note something he cares about, like you asked.

6. CardinalVol

I didn't ask, nor did that answer either question JZ posed.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That doesn't meant shit. He is either crazy or thinks way too highly of himself.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think that's patently false at all. The voices for the black community care about getting publicity by any means necessary, not about black on black violence. That happens every single [uck fay]ing day. And, you sure as hell don't see Sharpton and Jackson out raising hell against that.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Helping out in Haiti obviously shows why he cares so much about Martin

10. Unimane

1. Yes, it is about profiling by authority figures. You really think this is an isolated incident? Black people just got mad in a vacuum over this kid? Again, talk to people in the black community and they'll be more than happy to tell you what they're ultimately pissed about in this situation.

2. Again, I must have missed the part where I direct my students to hate white people because of the past. I also fail to understand how you teach an African-American Studies class without mentioning or covering issues that white people may look a little bad within. Should I skip slavery?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm going with crazy with too much time on his hands. I very much doubt anyone else in the community considered him law enforcement.

12. Unimane

You asked why does he care more about this case and I was just trying to note something he does care about in order to provide some kind of potential comparison for your question. Regardless, my main point was that Lee was a moron and acting criminally.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, you think "profiling" is more of a problem than that small, pesky fact that almost 95% of blacks that are murdered are killed by other blacks? Of course it's not. It's ludicrous. A lot of the black community seems to be a lot like some of the evangelical community. They seem to take what people tell them and ignore actually searching for the truth just like most Evangelicals do when they go to church. Whatever the pastor says is absolutely, 100% true. I think a comparison can be drawn to that and when some of the black "leaders" begin raising hell about a particular issue.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. The question is not whether racial profiling exists. Of course it does, but perhaps not to the degree that many want it to exist. Yes WANT IT TO EXIST. The question is to whether this case suggests racial profiling is why the kid got killed and you nor al sharpton has any idea what was in the mind of zimmerman. If zimmerman was black we wouldn't have heard a lick about this.

2. So you never talk about institutional racism? never mention racism today? never mention the effect of the past on today? you are seriously arguing your class is pure history with no social commentary or sociology?

15. CardinalVol

Once again, I didn't ask the question.

And once again, please tell me how your answer is sufficient for the following questions -

16. Unimane

I'm no fan of Sharpton and Jackson, but, yes, those two have been involved in black on black violence protests and discussions. I linked one or two. It isn't hard to find.

You really think the black community doesn't care about black on black crimes? Your post here suggests that the black community is simply a group of whiny opportunists with no redeeming values. Sorry, that hasn't been my experience, at all. There is more than just what national news services splash across their headlines.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, the self-appointed voices for the black community are absolutely whiny opportunists.

18. CardinalVol

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think he is arguing that sharpton and jackson are whiny opportunists, not the black community as a whole, and one need to look no further than tawana brawley to see that as a true statement. it is a fact taht white on black crime gets you on tv more than black on black crime.

20. Unimane

Yes, those stupid black lemmings, doing whatever they're told. And, when did I say profiling is more of a problem?

Your characterization is completely erroneous. There's a ton of discussion you are ignoring that's happening in the black community and to reduce it to, "most of them listen to whatever _______________ says" is pretty ridiculous.