Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously, TD? We should never charge anyone with a crime, then? You guys can't have it both ways. Either someone can be charged AND be innocent or we can charge no one of a crime ever. There is ample evidence to investigate, despite the difference of opinion on what the evidence means. Charging with second degree murder was a mistake, but that doesn't mean an investigation and trial shouldn't take place.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be really, really cool if you started reading my entire posts instead of cherry-picking a line. I have been pretty blatantly talking about "proving" or disproving his guilt in this thread. The phrasing I used that you quoted was in a context of Lawvol and you advocating dismissing all charges as if something has come to light that makes his guilt impossible (hence the phrase I used). That hasn't happened. Certainly the prosecutor's case has been hurt due to their over-ambitious charge. That doesn't mean no weighing of the evidence should take place.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We are probably watching a not-that-stable-in-the-first-lace kind of a guy melt down before our very eyes.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Sounds like a ploy to get a sweet divorce settlement.

6. Sounds like a real tough guy who'd never be irresponsible with a gun.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world is just out to get Zimmerman.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It's not like I was happy with the verdict.

I'm just saying with them in the middle of a divorce settlement, she accuses him of waving around a gun recklessly and there's no gun, he hands over the surveillance tapes and she doesn't press any charges. It might have gone exactly how she said it, or she might be full of shit.

(Would be curious to see if the father was actually hit and the Ipad was actually broken)

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Read another article, yeah he's probably going crazy.

10. Poor guy has to constantly stand his ground. To woman and children.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be fair, he may just be mentally broken after all of the controversy and trauma of the situation.

Or, you know, he was a violent and delusional loony toon all along.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Regardless - it doesn't mean that the verdict was wrong and that's an unrelated domestic issue. I would assume the former in IP's statement as well. Weren't people praising him for some other heroic act shortly after the trial too?

I'm willing to bet the girlfriend is just as crazy, probably waaay crazier though... To start dating Zimmerman with all the baggage he brought after the trial. Made it all up IMO.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He stopped and helped at the scene of a car accident, which garnered praise from his supporters.

No, this recent pattern of behavior doesn't mean he was guilty. At the same time, it doesn't match the portrait of a pillar of the community with excellent restraint and discipline who only draws his gun or fires when he absolutely has to.

No doubt his estranged lady has some kook to her as well.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Why is it automatically assumed he actually pulled the gun on her yet he went and locked it up before the police arrived?

15. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

She has to be a major attention whore.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

There is no doubt. A normal woman wouldn't even entertain the idea of living with the guy (at least this soon) for fear of her reputation and what not regardless if she believed him to be guilty or innocent.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Post of the Year Candidate.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe he's just trying to shake the racist label by being a [penis] to everyone.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

People with drinking problems don't need to be around alcohol.

I'd say a similar statement could be made about z and guns.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If so, brilliant.