Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like I said, would YOU entertain the idea of self-defense if the situation was reversed? Doubtful, since you believe this wouldn't even be news due to some conspiracy.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure what you mean by reversed, but I think you'd have an even harder time saying you killed an unarmed neighborhood watchmen in self defense.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

What conspiracy? Jesus. How many community leaders would flock to Florida if this is a 17 year old white kid? How much time does CNN/Fox/CBS etc spend on it? How many rallies around the country are held to mourn the kid? I never said a damn thing about entertaining the idea of self-defense, either way; further, I don't think it is self-defense in the real situation, or a fictional reversed situation.

You can't provoke a situation while armed in order to claim self defense.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The last line is spot on. There is really nothing
    that can be said to that.

5. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Exactly. It shouldn't even matter whether or not a scuffle occurred, or the races of the individuals. A man with a concealed firearm initiated the contact against instruction of the 911 operator, and against the teachings of all firearm instructors. No doubt he deserves jail time.

People just need to learn the idea of basic awareness... no need for this neighborhood watch bullshit.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I doubt there would be any CNN specials going on.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see how one can claim race isn't an issue in this. If Martin is white, Zimmerman is at least arrested. A lot less people try and pretend like there is a realistic self-defense angle to this, as well. Does it get media attention? Not as much obviously, because the law enforcement procedures would make logical and just sense.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are talking about race being a factor in police procedure. I think others have been discussing it in regards to Zimmerman's behavior, but I could be wrong.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here's a direct link to the 911 Tape. Regardless as to who it is screaming, "Help!" on the line, be forewarned, it is a chilling piece of audio.

[YOUTUBE]hj4RHJ0taoc[/YOUTUBE]

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily sure if I believe that. Basically what you're saying is that all of this boils down to either: (a) the cops that rolled up onto the scene are racist, or (b) the DA is racist?

I"m calling Zimmerman racist.
    I'm calling the government incompetent.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm going with Z being a cop-wannabe who snapped.

And it's faint and there's no way I can tell for sure.....but that sure sounds like a younger person yelling.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you wont find many places that arrest property owners who are arguing they were protecting their family. at least not arrest right away. that isn't to say i don't think the guy shouldn't be in jail. and there is no doubt that the media attention would be far less if martin was white.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

but he snapped after doing this 50 times? this is the thing i don't get. my guess is zimmerman followed the kid, it pissed the kid off (just like it would piss me off when i was his age), they got into an argument, and zimmerman shot the kid to stop from getting his ass kicked (i very much doubt zimmerman's life was in danger).

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But this doesn't seem to jibe with the analysis saying Trayvon was calling for help on the 911 call.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He yells help after a gun is drawn?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess i need to listen to the 911 call in it's entirety.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Perhaps they were wrestling with a gun after it had been pulled on the kid. Those cries sound like someone who they will get shot in moments.

A guy claiming to be neighborhood watch pulled a gun on you, You may try to stop him. His screams may have been while struggling to keep zimmerman from raising the gun

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That might also be the real reason Zimmerman thought his life was in danger: almost losing control of the gun

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Heck, if someone was following me around now at age 32 I'd get pissed.

What I mean by snapped is kind of what you said. Not so much snapped while he was following the kid and killed him cold-blooded, but Trayvon said something while they were arguing and he snapped. All I know is that those screams sound a lot more like a 17 year old black kid (tone and such) than a 28 year old Hispanic to me. And they were going on for at least 45 seconds.

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod