Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Doesn't change my opinion at all. Beating neighborhood watch members should not only be permissable, it should be heartily encouraged.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Then you weren't paying close enough attention.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This is ridiculous. Who gives a flying [uck fay] what race each person was? Murder is murder and any jackass that honestly believes he has the right to take anyone's life for no reason should be locked away in the deepest depths of a prison.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So true, lylsmorr. That is what makes the logical contortionists who try and draft scenarios in which Zimmerman was justified that still fit the known facts so disturbing.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

To go back to this, I'm not trying to argue there isn't a lot of fear of Muslims out there that probably does cause a lot of initial suspicions to go that route. I just don't think there is some big problem of serious news people accusing random Caucasians of being Muslim.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have failed to make my case. It is too far back of an incident and kind of tangential anyway.

It never entered into my mind as to whether this guy was a conservative or not. I did assume that he was probably a race other than black, due to the nature of the incident (neighborhood watch guy shooting a "suspicious kid" who turns out to be black and armed with skittles).

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think I just decided that since LG thought they were all racist, it had to be bullshit. LG is the Fulmeresque blind squirrel in this story.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”

911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”

Zimmerman: “He looks black.”

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”

911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”

Zimmerman: “He looks black.”

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Shocker.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's completely pathetic on their part. Zimmerman doesn't need any help looking guilty.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

again, we may never know all the details of this story.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We don't know all the details about OJ or Casey Anthony either. But they are still guilty as dirt.

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Here is the problem with all of this. everyone is getting caught up in the simple details of the situation and they are allowing the media to skew their opinions by adding perception to reality. Cause in reality, the absolute bottom line is that an unarmed teenager was killed for no apparent reason.

It is obvious that his life wasn't in danger or he would have had more severe injuries than a lump on his head.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some think there may be a welt on the back of his head, for what it is worth.

If that wasn't Zimmerman yelling for help, that is truly chilling.

The question some need to ask themselves is, if you reverse the situation and Zimmerman was unarmed and was shot by a black teenager, do you entertain the idea of self-defense for the black teenager?

Of course not. And that is where the latent racism lies.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Would the white community be up in arms if the shooter hadn't been arrested?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think a segment of the population would be literally picketing.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I disagree. I don't think this makes the news if it's reversed.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bullshit. You can't be serious.