Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Want to say Hannity, but I don't remember which one.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like surely there would be an article or at least some Jon Stewart youtue stuff about it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So, there's this video of a man who is allegedly Zimmerman at the police station after all this mess, and if he is 5'8 250, he is a helluva muscular 5'8 250 (dude looks at least somewhat in shape) and there isn't a gash on the back of his head.

You guys can judge for yourselves. Video shows George Zimmerman in handcuffs, no blood after Fla. teen shot - Chicago Sun-Times

Seriously, that doesn't look like a guy that was getting his ass kicked so bad he needed to shoot somebody.

In fairness, though, he was apparently tended to at the scene. Still, no bandages, no blood, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Refused hospital treatment. Did have grass stains on his jacket and a welt on his head.

Martin's girlfriend's testimony from their phone call immediately preceding the incident paints a very different picture than Zimmerman's story.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd expect his gf to not say "trayvon told me he was going to kick his ass for following him." not sure how valuable that is.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

of course it would paint a diff. picture. will we ever know what really happened? who knows.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i find it hard to believe that this guy who called in 50 other suspicious people before all of a sudden decided he is going to gun down this kid for doing nothing. i think the guy should be in jail because obviously he is to blame for the incident, he never should have followed the kid in the first place. but when i hear of the "honor student" gunned down by the "racist" for just walking down the street my bs meter starts going crazy.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It speculates right in the link title guys...

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Judging by the tone of the article i'm going to say that is meant as a satirical criticism of the media that jumped to the conclusion that he is a right win fanatic. he seems to be saying that there was just as much evidence to make those illogical leaps as there was to divine that he's a Tea Partier.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For a hypothetical.

Suppose we get the missing piece of the 911 call and it involves the following after Z has told dispatcher he will stop following him and on his way back to car.

T - What are you doing following me?
    Z - I am with neighborhood watch. I just thought something was weird. I'm going back to my car. Just go on.
    T - What do you mean weird? You following me because I'm black? I'll kick your ass.
    Z - No, just doing my job. Calm down man and head on where you were.
    T - I'll show you calm down.

(muffled screams, fighting, etc.)

Does your opinion of this entire situation change?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what to tell you. A simple google search reveals a chorus of "but what if he were Muslim? Then no one would care" articles that reveal the hysteria right at the surface among the Right that is every bit as wrong as any Left wing fear-mongering.

I know I am not going to change any minds, but I didn't expect such denial.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly? It is still a man carrying a firearm in a situation he explicitly isn't supposed to, and then using deadly force because he is losing a fight that left him with no injury requiring medical care.

That sounds like manslaughter at best no matter how you slice it. If a man comes up to me and punches me in the face, I don't get to shoot him.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"what if he were Muslim" is a question i'd assume is asked to highlight the PC way we seem to be unable to discuss that a lot of terrorists are Muslim.

It isn't people actually speculating that Jared is Muslim.

Regardless, lunatic blogs aren't expected to act like professionally.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm with ip. your hypothetical seems entirely possible considering we know the guy didn't shoot at the other 50 people he reported to the police. but even if this is what happens he instigated the attack by following the kid and who is to say he had to shoot him? was his life in danger or was he just going to get his ass kicked?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not fishing one way or the other. I actually tend to agree with both of you. I'm just throwing the question out there.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am fully convinced that at least half of the members of TOOS are, in fact, racist. Wasn't totally sold on the percentage being that high until this.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That scenario is every bit as likely as Martin having been shot by a unicorn. I've never seen people contort so hard to take up for one of these neighborhood watch imbeciles. I'd like to see him jailed for a couple of years for simply identifying himself as a "Neighborhood Watch captain."