Trump is GOP Nominee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Dec 10, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Which is also the group he gives exactly zero ****s about doing anything for.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I remember using "erstwhile" incorrectly, thinking it meant distinguished or highly regarded .... Imagine my embarrassment when I found out what it really meant!!

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kept calling your wife your erstwhile lover?

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Ha! Close, but no.... I used the word a lot in high school and early college before a girl I was dating at the time handed me a dictionary when I referred to one of our professors as the erstwhile Dr. So and so (forgot the guy's name, honestly!)... It actually became a running joke between us after that. Until she became my erstwhile girlfriend!

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd bet on Rubio too

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Fair point, but the spread appears to be at 19 right now. Quite a gaping gash.

7. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I said that 2 years ago, too. Haven't changed my mind yet. My only consolation is that at leaSt it won't be Bernie sanders.

I think in the end Rubio will get the GOP nod. But doesn't matter if trump goes 3rd party or not, Hilary will win.

Ugh.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Rubio +130

Trump +320

On 5 dimes

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There is 68% of the points in the field for people not named Donald. And like Highlander--there can be only one.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just looking at the polls and the kinds of candidates that are popular, I think it'll be Cruz.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cruz +450

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I referenced an article in another thread that said as much. Trump is no one's 2 or 3 option.

Rubio or Cruz will get some traction. And I'd still not entirely count jeb out yet just due to the power brokers.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

But the sane candidates (Rubio, Bush, Kasich, Christie, Paul) are running at about 30% combined. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that someone I hate will be nominated.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I prefer jeb, but I'm voting Rubio because he can win even despite the fact I think he might have an iq around 100

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Odds are supportive. There is extremely little to like in the 2016 candidate pool. It's an American tragedy.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't hate the current pool. Better than the last few honestly. I just don't like the ones in the current pool who are doing well.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, I see Rubio as George W. 2.0. He is slightly more articulate.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Completely agree

19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm in this boat, the odds of someone even sort of palatable getting the nod seems low.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hence my nearly ten year defection from the Republican Party.